Spektrum Spektrum Rulez!

Dirk

Hi guys. I've only been on this forum for two days now and have read so many helpful articles. This is THE BEST forum ever!

I have noticed that most people here use Spektrum gear. Seeing that I ordered my DX8 before i found this site, I am glad that I seem to have made the right choice. Same goes for my heli - Align Trex 450 Pro DFC.

I just can't stop reading all of the posts or watch the videos.

Tony, I will be keeping my laptop next to me when I start building my 450 so that I can follow your 450 build. :encouragement:

Dirk

Tony

Staff member
Hey Dirk, you are right, dollar for dollar, you just can not beat the DX8 for price and reliability vs options. It's an awesome Tx. Everyone on here has started out with a DX6i, well most of us anyway, and we just in the last year went with the DX8. Some have went with the DX7, but they ran a great sale on teh DX8 and we all jumped on it.

And you did great in getting that Heli as well. MUCH better than the clones out there. Perfect first CCPM heli IMO. If you have any questions, all you have to do is post up. We are here to help.

RandyDSok

I'd say the Futaba 8FG series is a far better dollar for dollar purchase... It's actually a 14ch radio and cost's almost the same

Lee

I would like to try the 8FG. I find it to look like a cheap plastic radio compared to the DX8, but i would like to fly with it and see how it feels in my hands actually flying.

RandyDSok

Aesthetics is certainly a personal subjective thing... I love the slick look of the 8FG but the Spectrum's style is just boxy and bulbous or something and the boxy shape isn't as comfortable in my hands... They are both plastic looking to me... in fact most do with the ( overall ) exception of the tray radios used mostly in Europe... which I don't think I"d want to actually just hold and would require a tray to feel right.

Lee

I'm not a fan of the tray radio either. Seems to be a scale plane/glider thing.
Would you say the 8FG is a better radio for people with small hands Randy?

RandyDSok

The 8FG is a thinner radio than most towards the left and right edges, probably about the same thickness in the middle... so it is probably more comfortable for smaller hands in general... again it will come down to that personal preference on that also. A couple of my friends have big ole' mitt's for hands ( lol ) and they said they liked the feel of it, of course perhaps they were just being kind but one of them did buy one after that :D

Currently, aesthetic's aside.... both the DX8 and 8FG are almost neck and neck with options... the Spectrum has the telemetry option and the Futaba the added channels. At some point Futaba may add additional features like when they went from being a 10ch to 14ch radio, according to the rumors, Futaba is suppose to add telemetry... another rumor has them adding the other 2.4 Ghz option of S-FHSS ( Futaba's lower end 2.4 ) which would give us lower cost receiver options ( from Futaba as apposed to FrSky ).

Top Bottom