Spektrum SPEKTRUM DX9 from DX6I

Christmas brought me a new dx9 but im having a problem. I have been able to load into it all my heli's without problem except one. My TREX 450 Pro 3gx FBL. After taking all the settings from the dx6 and putting them in the dx9 (just as i did with all the other helis) upon power up I get a perfectly level swash and thats it. NONE of the servos do what they are supposed to no matter which combination of reversals i make! What gives? Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Can you shoot a quick video showing collective up and down (with throttle hold on, or motor unplugged please) as well as elevator both directions and aileron both directions? This will help us out a LOT in helping you with the issue.

Derek

That's awesome that you got a DX9! Fantastic! However, I wouldn't trust the settings from one tx to be suitable or useable in another tx. Yes, the DX9 and the DX6i are both Spektrum brand, but I don't believe that all the setting can just be swapped from one tx to another. I would feel much more confortable just starting from scratch with the DX9. I upgraded from the DX6i to the DX8, last year, and I just started with a new model and put my settings where I thought they might be and then made adjustments as I progressed.

Like Tony said, if you can post a video that shows what your helicopter is doing, that would aid us in helping you. Good luck buddy!

Thanks Derek, it really is a huge jump from DX6I! Ok here is the video you all wanted (I hope) and hopefully it's helpful.
[video=youtube_share;Q8J4efRqnx0]http://youtu.be/Q8J4efRqnx0[/video]

It is at 120-3 servo. It's so weird because it's all the same settings as the dx6. I can understand there being some diffs but I can't even reverse ANYTHING to make it right. I flew it thru two packs on the Dx6 right before making the above video. :(

Last edited:
That's what I figured but no combination works. Sheesh. Might just have to start from scratch as mentioned just to get this on my 9. Could it have anything to do with the fact the 3gx is programmed on the PC??

Derek

I wish I could answer that. I'm not familiar with the 3GX. We'll have to wait for Tony or another 3GX user.

Tony

Staff member
The thing I saw is when you moved your aileron, your elevator servo should NOT move. That is what is throwing me off. Make sure you have ALL mixing turned off except the 120 swash. If this were me, I would start with a completely new model and go from step 1 on creating it.

Derek

The thing I saw is when you moved your aileron, your elevator servo should NOT move. That is what is throwing me off. Make sure you have ALL mixing turned off except the 120 swash. If this were me, I would start with a completely new model and go from step 1 on creating it.

I absolutely agree! I would start from step 1 and with a completely new model on the DX9. That is definitely something amiss here.

Tony

Staff member
It sucks, but sometimes completely redoing the model in the Tx is hte way to go. That is what I"m going to have to do on my 600 before I take this ikon and toss it down my 340' well lol.

damhdearg

In the swashplate menu have you tried reversing those numbers? From positive to negative or vise versa. Then reverse any servo that needs it.

Yep, been there done that. Appreciate the response, tho. I'm now just following Tony's 3gx setup again and starting from scratch.

m056678

I had a similar problem on my Blade 400 when I recently switched from my DX6i to my new DX9. I swapped my aileron and elevator servo connections at the receiver and was able to make the swashplate move properly after that.

Tony

Staff member
Aileron should always be on the right side of the aircraft, and pitch on the left when looking at it from the rear.

i have looked and looked but found no helicopter setup files for the dx9 love the tx but has anyone found a forum or anywhere where some files are located? non e on HH or SPEKTRUM SITES :yahoo:

Top Bottom