Spektrum Spektrum DX8

Hello everyone and thank u for taking the time read my question.

I am new to the hobby, and I currently I own the Apprentice S 15e, and some rc trucks. I know I want to upgrade and stay in the hobby.
My question is from the DX5e to the DX8 is it worth the upgrade, if so what are the pros and cons. And can I run the both on my plane and trucks?

Thank u for your time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tony

Staff member
Is it worth getting a DX8 over the DX5e?.... Lets see...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

There is no comparison between the two. The DX8 is a full computer Tx with a 30 model memory. You can assign switches to channels, the gimbles are MUCH smoother and more accurate, and the DR/Expo alone is worth getting the DX8.

However, I strongly do not suggest using the DX8, or the DX5e for that matter, for surface vehicles. They are made for the air.

murankar

Staff member
I just got the dx6 and so far I am liking it. As for comparison, tony is right hands down dx8. Its like oranges and grapefruit.

Look all the 6+ channel radios from spektrum for your aircraft. As for ground you might need the dx3.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

That's what I have now for my rock crawler " cheap redcat rockslide". But I want to add a winch plus lights on one remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admiral

My advise is buy the best you can afford, there is nothing wrong with the DX6 but as you advance you will always find uses for extra channels, DX8 is great, DX9 is greater and I still can't justify DX18 but I would love to have one.

bbj

Isn't the dx8 a discontinued tx? I do love my dx9 with its programmable switches and no lost channels when assigning to switches.

Tony

Staff member
Wireless buddy box, better channel assign to switches, voice alerts,diversity antennas, 250 models vs 30, no unused models in your menu, just what you have programmed, can easily organize the models, 7 point curves vs 5 point on the dx8, the list goes on. I love my dx9.

Tony

Staff member
Don't be discouraged BRO. The dx8 is an awesome TX. I would still have mine it I hadn't hit money issues last year and needed to sell it. Derek, my mod Lee, and my admin Matt are still using the dx8 and love it.

If you need those extra features, then you can always sell the dx8 and get the 9 but it's not nessecery.

callsign4223

Staff member
I have the 8 and have no intention of upgrading to the 9. The new features are nice, but the 8 is an amazing transmitter.

Top Bottom