Servos Spektrum Dx8 Gen2 Dual Rates

Magman10

Please can somebody provide some help? I have recently returned to RC Helis after a long break, things have changed a lot! I have a new Spektrum DX8 Gen2 TX. I have sorted out most of the settings required for my Align 600L fitted with a Bavarian Denon 3SX, but I am stuck and unable to set Dual Rates for aileron and elevator on the same switch (Switch F). Any advice on how to do this would be a great help.

Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Go into the DR/Expo menu and select either aileron or elevator, scroll down and set your switch and then come back up and set your rates for both DR and Expo. Once you are done there, scroll up and select the other menu (elevator or aileron) and perform the same process but on switch selection, select the same switch.

Magman10

Go into the DR/Expo menu and select either aileron or elevator, scroll down and set your switch and then come back up and set your rates for both DR and Expo. Once you are done there, scroll up and select the other menu (elevator or aileron) and perform the same process but on switch selection, select the same switch.
Hello Tony,
Thanks for the advice. I have done as you advise, but still no rates on heli swashplate/head, however in the TX on the 'monitor' screen, the rates on both aileron and elevator are showing as operating!
Both aileron and elevator servos operate on heli as they should i.e full range/correct direction. Any further advice?

Many thanks,
John

Tony

Staff member
I am not all that familiar with your gyro, I have only worked on one of them, and it was just to get my DX9 setup so that I could fly the helicopter. I never played with the DR/Expo settings though. I'm wondering if this is a setting that is either only affected when it is flying, or if it is only in the gyro. Hopefully someone with more experience with this gyro will come in here and advise.

Hello Tony,
Thanks for the advice. I have done as you advise, but still no rates on heli swashplate/head, however in the TX on the 'monitor' screen, the rates on both aileron and elevator are showing as operating!
Both aileron and elevator servos operate on heli as they should i.e full range/correct direction. Any further advice?

Many thanks,
John

I fly an Align 700L with a Demon 3SX and my DR work. I connected my Heli to the computer to make sure it works firs on "Diagnose" tab, one thing I found out was that it needs to be out of the "Diagnose" tab. Then I held the Aileron or Elevator to max stick and switched the DR and watched the swatch plate move.

Hello Tony,

Many thanks,
John

Failed to mentioned on the "Diagnose" tab you should see the Aileron and Elevator bars change to whatever level you have set on the radio. If you have 60% then the graph will only go to that level.

Juan

Top Bottom