Spektrum Spektrum DX8 and Align 450 Plus DFC RTF

Tim Smythe

I bought an Align 450 Plus DFC RTF that came with an Align T6 (Futaba) transmitter. How do I bind it to my Spektrum DX8 transmitter? Do I have to change the receiver to the one delivered with the DX8? Can I install the telemetry module in the Align and use the functions that it is capable of transmitting? This is all new to me so any and all help will be appreciated.

Karubah

I think you have to use the RX that came with the Dx8. I have the same kit and it would not bind to the Dx8 and if you want to use the telemetry unit you will have use the AR 8000 that came with your Dx8. Hope this helps.

Slobberdog

The spektrum and futaba use different types of modulation, Spektum uses dsmx and I think futaba use fhss, so no they won't bind to each other, as Andy has said above you need to use a spektrum receiver or alternatively two satellite receivers pluged directly into the fbl unit.

Tim Smythe

Andy: Did you install the RX that came with the DX8 in your Align and if you did, does it work well? Did you install the AR8000 for telemetry feedback and if you did, does it work? Thanks for the info.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Tim. If you have the 3GX (and with the DFC head, I'm sure you do), you can just plug one of the satellite Rx's into the gyro and bind it that way. It will keep the wire count down. See my videos for how to do this. It's pretty easy, set yoru Tx up, put the bind plug in the bind port on the 3GX, and hold the bind button when you power it up. Once the light on teh Rx goes solid, your bound. Pull the bind plug and the 3GX will initialize.

Mind you, you will have to go back through all of the settings again and set the helicopter up from scratch. This includes 90º'ing the servos to teh links, leveling the swash, setting your pitch, your E-lim and A-Lim setups and rudder setup. You must also go through the governor calibration in the 3GX as well even if you are NOT going to use it. It needs to know where your throttle end points are.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and there is really no reason to run telemetry on that model, but you do NOT need the AR8000 to do so. I'm running and have run telemetry on my 600 nitro with the 3GX with satellites as well as the AR7200BX, and it works great.

Top Bottom