Spektrum spektrum dx10 and dx18 ?

PeachFuzz

Before i begin no offense to anyone.

Ok so the dx10 is like one ugly box compared to other transmitters. It looks old tech for some reason. But I kinda see how it sorta looks realistic to real cockpits in planes A LITTLE BIT but its sill not very pretty. Besides what are you going to do with TEN channels

Now the Dx18

I mean... What are you going to use 18 channels for? Are you going to build a huge plane with a bunch of details that require 18 channels?

1.elevator
2. Aileron
3.throttle
4. Rudder
5. Flaps?
6. Gear?
7. Bomb drops?
8. Airplane doors?
10. Airsoft or whatever Guns?
11. Tow release for tow planes?
12. Pilot ejection?
13. Spoilers/speed brakes?
14 landing gear brakes?
15. Aircraft self destruct?
16. Water gun?
17. Engine starter?
18 . Folding wings?

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, if you have to ask what you need 18 channels for, then you don't need one. The DX10 was designed quite a while back. IT's made as a Tx tray. You place your hands on the side and rest them there, then pinch the sticks and fly. It never took off. The DX18 has MAD mixing skills. Anything from HUGE scale bombers to yoru simple mSR, it can control it without hesitation.

PeachFuzz

I obviously would never get something that high. And I saw on a video the Mac hodges b-29
He used 2 recieversvers on his b 29 with i think only one Tx i think

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I will ever need 18 channels for any of my planes

Tony

Staff member
You would be surprised. At one time, I stated that I would never need 8 channels. Now, I'm looking into the 18 just for the mixing for a new project that I'm trying to plan out.

wolfman76

The 18 is a very nice TX our LHS heli guy has one he uses it for everything it can be used for turbine applications where multiple channels are needed as well as multiple servo setups its versatility is near endless.. And it can pretty much guaranteed you will never need another TX that is for sure.. .gd the TX system software is upgradeable multiple and i mean multiple model memory... And just remember just because it is a18ch TX doesn't mean you have to use a18ch RX you can use a 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 whatever you choose... What it comes down to is how serious in the hobby are you or plan to be is what it comes down to if you plan on just flying smaller simpler planes or helis or want to get into larger scale flying later with more detailed functions like bombs lights or light shows air brakes ignition systems like on a turbine Jet system the option are almost endless.. But what it really comes down to is your future goals in this hobby if you think you will want to get into all that at some point in the future then look at it as an investment in the future once you have the TX the you should be covered in whatever you decide... I know if o had the extra money when i purchased my dx8 i would have purchased a dx18 instead...

I have the 8 and for now it will do the job, but when I sit down and start doing more scratch builds in planes, and then eventually do some scale helicopters, I am going to run out of chanels on my dx8.
One plane that I was looking at buying as a kit, to get the most out of it, you need a 12ch Tx. When you start looking at variable pitch props, folding wings, bomd doors/drops, lights, flaps as standard accs you can see how you can run out of channels... If you then you look at helicopters. Get scale helicopter, you've usually used up 6 chanels right there, now with things I'd like to do, you add lights, winch, landing gear, you've now used up a bunch of extra stuff....That's just an idea

Derek

Started with the DX6i. Absolutely loved that Tx. Actually, I still love that Tx. I, recently, upgraded to the DX8 because of the mixing capabilities and the added channels. I love the feel of the sticks....super smooth movement. I love the rubber grips on the sides. However, I did fly (hover) my friends Goblin 700 a while back and he has the DX18. OH WOW!!! I love the feel of that Tx, too. It's very comfortable to hold and use. He showed me some of the internal settings and how to work though the setting...Just awesome!!! Yep...I'm afraid I want the DX18 now, lol.

Tony

Staff member
Just announced by Spektrum today, there is a new DX9 that is coming out and will have wireless capabilities as well as voice commands lmao. That's what I'm talking about!!!

Top Bottom