Spektrum Spektrum DX 8 Froze up on me yesterday.

Dirk

I had something strange happen to my DX8 yesterday. I was on my second flight and after about two minutes the DX8 made a continious beeping sound, not beep,beep, beep, but a continious looooooooong beep.

I landed to check things out. Everything responds to the controls, but the screen was frozen. No amount of pushing the clear or back button would do anything, nor would pushing or rolling the roller. No problem then, let's just switch it off then. Haha, no go! Wouldn't switch off either. Weird. I opened the battery cover and unplugged the battery. That sorted it out and it has worked fine so far. Damn gremlins!

Tony

Staff member
I would be calling Horizon on that one, or sending them an email since you are in SA.

Dirk

The culprit seems to have been the telemetry for some reason. I took the telemetry module off the heli and the DX8 is perfect now. :cheerful:

Tony

Staff member
Interesting. I would definitely be calling or emailing horizon on this matter. Mine never does that.

pvolcko

Someone else on here had telemetry module issues. It was preventing him from being able to bind properly. Def call HH. Say what you will about them, but their customer service is great.

Dirk

Thanks guys. I will drop them a mail today and see what they have to say about this issue.

Top Bottom