Spektrum Spektrum Country of origin

Dirk

Hi Guys,

I've been wondering where the Spektrum is from? I know it is made in China, like most things today, but is it American, Japanese etc?

How is it tied up with JR products, besides being distributed by Horizon Hobby.

Just curious.

Tony

Staff member
Spektrum is owned by Horizon Hobbies which is located in Illinois, USA. JR is also owned by Horizon Hobbies and located at the same location. IMO, JR is a higher end Tx than Spektrum. I would almost kill for an 11x, those things are awesome. I think I got that number right lmao. I'm tired. Hope this helps.

Dirk

Thanks Tony. I used to have a JR in the past. Very nice radio. When I bought my stuff a couple of weeks ago I was considering the new JR 8 channel as well. I did not like the look of the new JR 8 channel. Looks like an alien to me. In the end Spektrum won on looks, even though it was slightly more expensive.

I must say, I am not sorry about my purchase at all. Awesome radio!

Derek

Personally, I don't know anything about JR equipment and I have little experience with Spektrum equipement but I have the DX6i and it's been a great radio for me. Just a few months ago, I upgraded to the DX8 and I love this radio. It looks good, feels good in the hands, I love the extra features. The DX6i has been passed on to my wife and now she is learning to fly.

Tony

Staff member
I would love to sell my DX8 and get a JR. Something new to test. What sucks is the new JR's have a new band they use that is not DSMX and is not backwards compatible. So I would have to get 9 new Rx's for all of my aircraft. At a bill each, that would add up REALLY fast. So for the moment, I will just stick with my DX8 lol.

Slobberdog

Tony I was told you can send it to HH in the good old US of A and get the JR module swaped out for the dsmx module, can't guess how much that would cost though, be cheaper to get the dx18 probably

Top Bottom