General Spektrum AR7300bx rudder servo not centering

Meridian

Hi, not a newb to hell's but it's been years since I set up a Beast X. My rudder servo won't center when you let go of the TX stick. Being old and forgetful (lol) I can't remember if the Tx centers the servo or the Bx does during flight. The servo (tail blades) won't center on the bench, will they center in flight? This is on a Assault / Align 700e DFC new build that has just been built and hasn't had it's maiden flight yet.

Thank for any help received.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi, not a newb to hell's but it's been years since I set up a Beast X. My rudder servo won't center when you let go of the TX stick. Being old and forgetful (lol) I can't remember if the Tx centers the servo or the Bx does during flight. The servo (tail blades) won't center on the bench, will they center in flight? This is on a Assault / Align 700e DFC new build that has just been built and hasn't had it's maiden flight yet.

Thank for any help received.

When you get to the letter "E" in the manual, you must go all the way to the left and also all the way to the right without binding. Only when you go to letter "F" will the tail center it self. Hope that helps.

Meridian

Did that. I fully programmed the Beast x and the DX9 Tx, every step, then I set everything back to the factory settings and did it all again just to make sure and it still does the same thing.

Meridian

Yes I did and the both servos did exactly the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

What I was wondering is if the beast x only centers the servo when the heli is flying. It's not my input that determines the centering but the beast x i.e.. the gyro determines when to stop the tail after it reads my stick inputs, if that makes any sense.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes I did and the both servos did exactly the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

What I was wondering is if the beast x only centers the servo when the heli is flying. It's not my input that determines the centering but the beast x i.e.. the gyro determines when to stop the tail after it reads my stick inputs, if that makes any sense.

I'm sorry for not understanding correctly, yes it does center in flight.

Smoggie

I'll chip in....

A servo hooked up to a heading hold gyro wont centre when it's on the ground. Meriden, you were right in what you said, it only centres in flight when the heli achieves the change in heading that you commanded when you moved the stick. You can simulate this on the ground, apply a brief jab of (say) right rudder and now manually turn the heli to the right and when it achieves to heading that the jab of rudder commanded the servo will go back to centre.

This is all 100% normal and is how a heading hold gyro works. If you set it to rate mode then it will just go back to centre when you release the stick.

As long as the direction of travel of the tail is correct both for gyro response and for rudder input you will be fine.

Last edited:

Meridian

I'll chip in....

A servo hooked up to a heading hold gyro wont centre when it's on the ground. Meriden, you were right in what you said, it only centres in flight when the heli achieves the change in heading that you commanded when you moved the stick. You can simulate this on the ground, apply a brief jab of (say) right rudder and now manually turn the heli to the right and when it achieves to heading that the jab of rudder commanded the servo will go back to centre.

This is all 100% normal and is how a heading hold gyro works. If you set it to rate mode then it will just go back to centre when you release the stick.

As long as the direction of travel of the tail is correct both for gyro response and for rudder input you will be fine.

Thank you! That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure before I flew it for the first time. I'm too used to building and flying flybar helicopters :)

Meridian

Thanks again for all your advice. I flew it for the first time on Sunday and it flew perfectly. Well apart from20160216_212630.jpg20160216_212630.jpg
the tail servo horn screw backing out but I managed to catch that in time!!! :-O

20160216_212630.jpg

Smoggie

Very nice heli, great to hear that she flew with no issues.
FWIW on metal gear servos i always put a small spot of blue Loctite on the servo arm retaining screw.

Meridian

Very nice heli, great to hear that she flew with no issues.
FWIW on metal gear servos i always put a small spot of blue Loctite on the servo arm retaining screw.

Thank you. This is the story behind that screw. I always loctite everything metal but I didn't have the right ball link for the servo horn that is supposed to be on the tail servo. The horn that is on there now was only supposed to be on there temporarily so I that could set up the Beast X. Well I forgot and I didn't look at it as the tail boom cowling covers the tail servo. lesson learned, even if it's only temporary fit it as if it is going to be permanent just in case you forget!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi mate really nice looking heli ,just need to see a video of it flying site rule lol

lol! I would love to and I wish I had filled the maiden flight but I usually fly alone and it's very difficult flying and holding a camera at the same time :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you. This is the story behind that screw. I always loctite everything metal but I didn't have the right ball link for the servo horn that is supposed to be on the tail servo. The horn that is on there now was only supposed to be on there temporarily so I that could set up the Beast X. Well I forgot and I didn't look at it as the tail boom cowling covers the tail servo. lesson learned, even if it's only temporary fit it as if it is going to be permanent just in case you forget!

- - - Updated - - -

lol! I would love to and I wish I had filled the maiden flight but I usually fly alone and it's very difficult flying and holding a camera at the same time :)

Try mounting a camera on your favorite baseball cap. I mount my backwards on the cap. Seems to hold tighter this way P3080006.jpg Just an Idea.

P3080006.jpg

Top Bottom