FBL Gyro Spektrum AR7200BX

Tony

Staff member
Alright guys, I'm going to have one of these on the way here tomorrow (er, today) hopefully and I should have it next week. This is going to go on the 600N so there is going to be some vibration.

What do I need to know about this gyro? What do I need to know about the setup? Post your setup tips and pointers.

Lee

For set up, just follow the default settings in the manual. My 600 was almost perfect with those. But the damping is a different matter. The tape that comes with the unit is crap. Thats what caused my crash. The 3M grey mounting tape that go pro uses, is the preferred stuff.

Tony

Staff member
I will be using the closed cell 3M tape on this one like I use on all of my heli gyro's. Never had an issue yet, except with the 3GX and I think that is more the gyro then the tape lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I as well usually put two layers on it. And I will try it out on the default settings, then once that is done, I will hook it up to the computer and do some fine tuning once I get a handle on this heli.

xokia

I don't think vibes will be an issue with the beastx. it was pretty immune to vibes unless you have some really nasty vibes. Beastx flies pretty damn good with initial setup. Put the dials at 50% and work from there. The one feature I really like about the beastx is it allows you to dial pitch, aileron roll, elevator all in individually. So you will end up with perfect pitch in all directions.

Lee

No vibe issue?? Tell that to my 600 :D Flipped itself over from a hover with a violent right aileron into the ground :D

xokia

No vibe issue?? Tell that to my 600 :D Flipped itself over from a hover with a violent right aileron into the ground :D
I've had no vibration issues with either of my AR7200BX's. Vibrations come in many different frequencies maybe you have one that rings just perfectly to trip up the gyro.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Don't listen to the guy sitting next to you who says "yea, you got that tail goin the right way"

:poke: :poke:

That "guy next to you" was busy and just glanced over hahaha.

I don't think vibes will be an issue with the beastx. it was pretty immune to vibes unless you have some really nasty vibes. Beastx flies pretty damn good with initial setup. Put the dials at 50% and work from there. The one feature I really like about the beastx is it allows you to dial pitch, aileron roll, elevator all in individually. So you will end up with perfect pitch in all directions.

I have been reading through the manual a bit. Not sure if I like being able to reset the whole gyro with a few second push of the button. I see myself screwing that up a few times lmao. But yes, I like that you can dial in each of those separately.

And what worries me, yours was electric.

callsign4223

Staff member
Tony, just remember how smooth my 450 is when you start to doubt your purchase. You even said the ar7200 was smoother than the 3gx it originally had.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not doubting this purchase in any way. I know where Mike lives if it doesn't work hahahaha.

We will see when I get it on there. Just hope it doesn't end up like the issues I just had. That sucked! I'm thinking I need to replace the tail blades since they are chipped on the very end. Not too worried, but there is still that little voice saying "those things are going to shatter" lmao.

xokia

3gx isn't bad but beastx is better. Tail authority on beast is a lot better IMO. And just getting it to fly buttery smooth on the beastx is so much easier to accomplish.

Tony

Staff member
From seeing this :newbie: in my kitchen set one up, I can believe that lol. Even though he set his correction on the tail backwards, and I have video proof of that lmao. I can't wait to get it and test it out.

Tony

Staff member
And how is this newb going to learn anything if I do everything for him? Like build a trainer in an hour and a half?!!!!!!!!! :chuckles:

xokia

These units come on 300x's that are notorious for seriously bad vibes. They are squeezed into the frames with the frame touching both sides and then zipped tied down. Unless there is some crazy harmonic that the nitro motor puts off I just don't see it effecting the beastx. I think you should be fine.

Make sure to plug it in and go to the servo setup and set the proper config for cyclic and tail BEFORE you plug your servos in. Another nice thing about beastx is you can go into each menu and change a config without messing up the configs you already did or didn't make just skip over the ones you don't need

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I plan on resetting it back to factory specs when I get it and doing the complete setup per the manual when I get it installed. No worries there. We will find out soon enough if this gets the 600 in the air.

xokia

I plan on resetting it back to factory specs when I get it and doing the complete setup per the manual when I get it installed. No worries there. We will find out soon enough if this gets the 600 in the air.

Even if you rest it go through and set the servo type and frequency before plugging the servos in.

Top Bottom