Spektrum Spektrum 6100e use

callsign4223

Staff member
I have a cx2 here with a bum 3-in-1. Instead of replacing the 3-in-1 I am thinking about scavenging pieces off of it. The question I have is, this thing comes with a spektrum 6100e, is this receiver good enough to use with a plane? This is the receiver that HH put in the Blade 400. I am building up a Multiplex Acromaster, and I was going to buy an orange RX for it, will this thing work instead or am I setting myself up for trouble if I use it for that? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
That plane is a park flyer. You shouldn't be getting more than 400' from you. If you want, we can go out to the field to maiden it since you have your AMA now. And in that field, you will not have any issues. The OrangeRx have the short antennas and I had one in my Extra I think. Now they are both in my Mini Edge and my bipe. I think my Extra had one that is the newer version of the one you are talking about here now that I think about it. You will be fine, or should be lol. We will make sure to range check it before flight.

Lee

I had one in my funjet and sent it ballistic into the sky till i could hardly see it. Still worked fine :)

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I've had good luck with the Spektrum parkflyer RXs. They actually seem to have similar range to the AR600.

callsign4223

Staff member
Goin bike riding this evening, and the plane still needs wings. Although, I did get the new main gear on the blade 400 and would like to check it out. I am gonna try to get the plane done before this weekend, maybe if I do we could meet up this weekend(assuming the wind doesn't decide to be stupid).

Tony

Staff member
Well the wind didn't die down as much as I was hoping it would, but I still flew anyway. Landings were not perfect to say the least, but enjoyed getting out and flying again.

Top Bottom