FB Gyro speed wobbels

obviously nobody cares about a FB gyro anymore BUT , I'm flyin a TREX 500 and usually just fly sport style. Well yesterday my buddies told me to try and do some flips and try inverted flight. Normally I run at 80% on the throttle settings. This has been a rock solid heli for years, absolutely no tail wag. I increased the throttle 5% and now have some loss of tail hold under high speed forward flight. Is this normal with a small increase in rotor speed?

Smoggie

When you say 'loss of the tail' do you mean that the tail shakes as if the gain were too high?

If so that's normal, higher RPM requires lower gain. I have my gain % linked to my flight modes so that when i select a higher headspeed flight mode the tail gain reduces slightly. High speed flight also might start a tail shake where no shake would happen in slower flight. Again that's normal and the 'fix' is to just reduce gain slightly.

trainrider06

What kind of gyro are you running? Just wondering? I had a 500 Trex FB heli one time, used a Spartan Quark gyro on it. That thing was rock solid! Wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. Loved flying it!

You guys rock, I should have read this before I posted a new thread today. So if I increase head speed ,I reduce gyro gain. I had the same issue with my dominator last night. both helis run stock ALIGN gyros, 450 has a 3gx and the 500 has a gp 790. I hope to have IKON's on all heli' soon. Just want to make sure I like it, put one on my 700 build. Just haven't acquired a speed controller for it yet. Thx again

Top Bottom