ESC Speed Controlers

WyDiablo

Is there any good brands of esc's in the 40Amp range that are a descent price. I have only used align products and I"m not use to see all the different type and brands of
esc's that are on the market right now. And my type is cheap but good lol.

Derek

I've recently started using the Turnigy Plush speed controllers, from Hobby King.

Here is a Plush 40
TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller

They really don't cost a whole lot and there is an optional programming card that is simple to use and really makes the setup super easy.
TURNIGY BESC Programming Card

I have a Plush 30, 2 Plush 40, and 1 Plush 60 speed controller. So far, they are all still working very well.

WyDiablo

My hexa will hit 6 to 7 lbs easy. I"m running the AMP 2814 heavy lift motors with the extension plates and 11"-4.7 props on 3 and 4S batteries

Derek

According to Arial Media Pros,

AMP 2814 SPECS

•Lithium cell count: 3-5 (6s possible)
•Load current: max. 25A
•Maximum load current. (180 sec): 30 A

•No-load speed: 700 rpm / V
•Recommended Propeller Size: 10" .. 14"
•Mechanical power: 350 W
•Thrust max.: 2200 g
•Wire length: about 60cm
•Total weight (without cable): approx 105g (139g with prop adapters, 600mm wires, and bullet connectors)
•Dimensions: h=33.5mm, d=28mm
•Shaft diameter: 4 mm
•0.2mm stator laminations for low eddy current losses (lower Io compared to leading competitor motors for higher efficiency)
•High strength Neodymium magnets (lower Rm than leading competitor motors for more power)
•Genuine EZO japanese ball bearings
•Hardened & polished shaft
•Highest quality CNC machining in the industry
•Dual mechanical magnet retention (even if there there is an adhesive failure, magnets will not dislodge)
•Preinstalled prop adapter and bullet connectors
•all black finish for a professional looking installation
•600mm long 16ga heavy duty motor wires ready for multirotor applications
•Short shaft design for interference free installations
•6mm Propeller adapter shaft included

And the Turnigy Plush 40 esc's are rated for a continuous Amp rating of 40amps with a 55amp Burst. So...yes! These will work for your quad.

Stambo

I have some Turnigy Multistar 30a on my new build that I have flashed with SimonK firmware.
So far they are awesome. Throttle and stick response is so much better than the AE30A units that I have been using.
I was going to order some more but they are out of stock so I have ordered some of these, and these, which I will also flash as it is so easy.
I have a spare frame and ordered more motors so I will build a complete spare quad in case i have another oops moment.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Right now I'm waiting on some retainer clips for the motors. I was putting a motor back together the other day and the clip went zipping through the air and where it landed who knows. So I had to order a few for spares just in case this happens again lol. I have been thinking about ordering a set of these along with some 40Amp esc's and transfer everything from my DJI Hexa over and make it a 800 Hexa.
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=845&productname=
I will have to drill extra holes to mount the motors that I have but that's no big deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom