Spektrum Spectrum RPM sensor

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey guys I know many have asked so I won't make a big deal but I installed a RPM sensor on my 800 and its not right. I programmed the ratio and pole count in my DX7s but it jumps all over the place. I have read lots of threads about this issue. Anybody have any advice to offer besides "take it out"
Tony

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
are you saying your rpm varies? Is sensor mounted on back plate or on fan/clutch?

Last edited:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
O sorry it'd electric. I solderd the two sensor wires to two of the 3 motor wires. Yes, it jumps to3k and mor then to 500rpm

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I just have to ask, I am sure you got it but is your gear ratio to match your HS? it could be your HS is too much for your gearing, if your are in range then you can try your GOV gain by adjusting it by 3 to 5%. I am wondering how you programed the pole count on the DX7S, you had me looking cause I have not come across that in my radio.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah its in there, in the set up menu, you scroll down to telemetry, then if you click on RPM it brings up another screen where you enter gear ratio and magnet pole count. I'm using a 850, 490kv motor and on Aligns site it says 10 pole. That's what I put in. I set up my governor per Align's recommendations. BTY I have not flown this model yet
Tony

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
The Telemetry doesn't program your controller or ESC, it mainly gives you real time information. What ESC and controller you using. Have you program the ESC and controller accordingly? sorry! I just have to ask since I am not to sure what you have done.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
My ESC is a CC Edge HV160. It does not come set up for a governor from Align so I did program it. But, the RPM problem was there even before I did the programming. As for the controller, do you mean my tx?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Controller: ikon, Beask X etc. I am running the same esc , assure that you state on esc that you are using external gov. As of the motor poll count they usually tell you to divide by 2 which will give you a poll count of 5 to be in putted in programm.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Got ya, using a micobeastx stand alone unit. Letting the Castle handle the governor. I can try to mess with the pole count. Like I said I don't want to go nuts but it would be nice to get it right

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I don't believe Micro Beast has internal GOV. I could be wrong since I don't own one but I read about a lot of controllers before I decided to buy one. so as stated you are using the CC GOV. if so then you don not need the sensor. When you enter the ESC programming you selected Heli of course and did your throttle end points. if so then on the same dropdown menu for fixed points you would check Governor mode. I used medium on gov gain. on that same tab you set your batt information, I believe you are running 12s since it is an 800 bird,you also set your gearing, motor and HS on same tab if I remember correctly. then the rest of the tabs you just set accordingly. another thing if you are using CC gov. on your Transmitter(TX) go ahead and INH the Governor mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom