Flight Controllers Spectrum 6i set up with the Flip 1.5 quad board.

Dandyfunk

Hello all, Last year I purchased the "Flitetest" Electohub kit with the Flip 1.5 control board. The board was flashed by the seller for an X config quad. I am having trouble setting the transmitter up to eork with the board. Has any of you used a 6i and the Flip 1.5? If so can you shed some light on the subject for me. Thanks in advance. Breck

Admiral

Hi Breck, what configuration program are you using? and what receiver are you using?

This video link may also help it is specifically for the Flip 1.5

Dandyfunk

Thanks, the receiver is the Lemon 6x and the software is MWC2 version ?? I think. The Flip was flashed for the Flitetest electohub when purchased.

- - - Updated - - -

Keith, if i knew how to attach a picture i could show you what is required to set up on the tx. I have watched most of the video. I will finish it and see if he covers the tx set up.

Tony

Staff member
Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and click on Full Site (or something like that). Then, it will bring up the same webpage that you would get on a desktop. You will have to pinch and zoom (it's the only way I get on my site with my phone, I don't use mobile version). I'm not sure of a way to upload images with the mobile version.

Dandyfunk

Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

20160923_114700.jpg These are the settings that I need to do to my 6i. I understand the servo reversing but not the other stuff.

20160923_114700.jpg

Tony

Staff member
What that is saying is to go into your endpoint adjustments and set it for high and low (or left and right for aileron) to -130 and 130 respectively. If my DX6i was working right now, I would make a quick video to show you what I'm talking about.

Tony

Staff member
It should be under travel adjustment. I think anyway. Been a while since I have been in a 6i. I'm trying to get mine working though.

Tony

Staff member
After WAY more work than it should have taken, I have my Tx working and yes, it's under travel adjustment. However, it will not go to 130, but only to 125. And setting it at 125 is fine. They are trying to get the max resolution out of the sticks for better control. Just set them to 125 and you are golden. Don't forget about the arrows. The elevator (for example) without touching the stick will have an up arrow. You have to pull down on the elevator in order to adjust the other direction which is also negative as they put it. (I think the -130 is more for a DX6 and not a DX6i). Either way though, it will work.

Admiral

Glad to see Tony has you sorted, the time difference with Australia sometimes means slow a reply.

Dandyfunk

Ok guys much thanks for all the help. Tx is now set up. But still no joy from the Flip 1.5 board. All esc's have been cali with the receiver so I know that I have a good bind. When the quad is powered up all lights and sounds are correct. When I try to arm the quad per instructions .......nogo! I am at a lose. I have wateched the Flip 1.5 for Dummies and while its a great source for flashing the Flip 1.5 (which was supposed to be done rtfquads.com when purshased) its not helping me trouble shoot my issue. Are there any Fip 1.5 board pilots out ther that can shed some light.

Tony

Staff member
Have you connected it to the computer with the multiwii program to see what the arm sequence is? If not, I would do that and set the arming to what you want.

Dandyfunk

Thanks Tony, I think that you are correct. I have been lazy hoping to avoid getting into that lvl of interaction with my electronics. I just downloaded all the arduino and flip software.

Tony

Staff member
This way, you can get into the software and know exactly what you are looking at before putting it in the air. I have never had a flip board so I have no idea on anything on it. The closest thing I have is the flight controller on the Runner 250 and the only thing remotely the same on that is the fact that it runs on multiwii firmware.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Top Bottom