Spammers Via Facebook

Tony

Staff member
I have been doing some searching and have found out that spammers are now creating facebook accounts, fraudulent accounts, in order to use the simple two step registration process here on RCH. I have thought about getting rid of this facebook sign up for a while, but now that spammers are getting in, I have gotten rid of it. All of the other facebook applications such as the Like button, Share and so on are still on here, but no one can sign up with facebook anymore.

Another reason I wanted to get rid of it is I have some questions in the registration process that are required. These will help me in determining if they are spammers or not, and they are quite accurate. When people signed up via facebook, they were able to skip these questions.

So just letting everyone know, there are no more signup's via facebook due to security reasons. The staff and I will be looking out for these spammers. They usually sit dormant for about a month, then start spamming the forum. Not sure how long they have been here, but I am now aware of it.

Sorry for any inconvienence this may cause.

-Tony N.

Admiral

No issues with me, spammers killed another forum that I was on, there was so much spam nobody bothered after a while.

Tony

Staff member
We have been hit REALLY hard in the past. I'm talking hundreds of posts by them. Blogs, PM's, Posts, you name it, they were doing it. Once I took care of that I implemented some new spam measures and it has helped a lot. Now, they have found another way in which I have been worried about for some time. But, I have now closed that door as well. So everything should still be secured as I always try to make it.

Top Bottom