Flight Controllers SP Racing F3 EVO can connect to cleanflight but no stick movemnt shown

Setting up F3 EVO and have been at it for 5 days trying to find out why I can not get sticks to respond in program. Program will not respond to radio. I have followed every direction and triple check everything. Help Please!

Thanks so much for responding. Setup is on 250 quad. I am using FlySky FS-i6 with there FS Ia6b. Binding went well, flashed firmware successfully. I can connect and test motors in Clean Flight and all going in the right direction. I have no control over the stick values or setting modes and obviously it will not arm. I have watched your video and although not same exact FC it setup about the same using a different port as stated in directions. I have replaced wire harness and switched out the Receiver. Harness running from PPM to Uart2. No soldering mistakes on my part possible, as using their port.

Tony

Staff member
The bad thing is, I have never even held one of those Tx in my hands so I'm shooting in the dark here. Make sure under receiver you are running on PPM. I don't think you nee to change anything in the ports tab, but could be wrong. I really need to get one of these Tx's and test it out.

The radio program is pretty straight forward although I am new to this. So I guess anything is possible. Just can't make them talk and after 5 days I am truly stumped

Tony

Staff member
The PPM I'm referring to is in the Cleanflight Configurator. And I put receiver tab above, I think the PPM PWM and all of that is actually in the configuration menu. I have tried searching for the correct parameters, but can't find any of them.

EyeStation

Where is your receiver plugged into the F3 EVO? depending on what UART you may be connected to may have an effect on what ports and possible enabling any Serial RX.

Thanks for responding. I am using Uart2 per the manual, I have tried plugging into the other Uart just to see if it would connect and it would not. Thinking some wierd thing in the board. I am ready to try anything at this point. scroll up in thread and you will see photos, if that helps

Hey Tony, I love your site and the help I have been getting. This has been an exhausting problem and I would like to stop it from keeping me out of the air. I want to pull the F3 EVO and replace it with something that you think will pair up with the rest of my gear. Something known to be dependable and pretty straight forward. I was only using the basics on the FC anyway. No GPS functions or fancy stuff. My first FPV to fly my ten acre property. If you would be so kind to advise, you will have a big fan. My heads ready to pop. so here goes.
Frame is H250/ZMR250type frame. ESC's are MakerFire 20 amp BL-Heli Brushless (only two wire). PCB is SP Racing model that stacks withF3 EVO FC. I power the board with 5v off the PCB. Again I am using FS i6 radio and Fsia6b receiver but can swith to FS IA6 if needed. Staying with the same footprint for stacking would be awesome. Would kind of like to fly and will continue to work on other board out of the craft.

Tony

Staff member
That is where the issue is. I have absolutely no knowledge of that Tx or those Rx's so there is no way I can help. I hope that someone that has done this kind of setup can come in here and help out though. I just never trusted the cheaper Tx's and now, I only fly with my DX9.

Stambo

It sounds like the FC is not recognizing the TX, 3 questions.
1. Is the light on on the receiver
2. What are the lights on the FC doing
3. Have you enabled PPM mode in the TX
Even though you have the single wire plugged in channel one you have to set PPM mode from the tx rather than enable it at the rx.

Hey Tony, I had to come back and tell you that you were right and my problem is solved. The problem was in the FLYSKY FS i6 Radio, just as you said. This particular radio came in a package deal with an out of the box ready to fly model. It was advertised a a good deal for beginners because the radio could be used for other models down the road. What they failed to tell you is the radio for this package was built with no PPM circuitry to save money. You can bind and fly any other FS i6 sold by itself off the shelf and it works with the PPM setup. Out of all (and that's a lot) people that I went to for help, you were the only one that got it right. You were so sure it kept me on the track to investigate deeper and find the issue. I learned a lot in the process of trouble shooting, one thing I learned is come to RC-Help when you have one that stumps you. I am a fan and I will tell others and be back. THANKS MAN!!

Tony

Staff member
Hey Walter, that is awesome that you finally have a definitive answer as to why this thing is not working. It sucks though that they would do it like this, but it seems everything is about saving a buck now days.

And it was my pleasure, Now get that thing setup and get us some video lol :chuckles:

Stambo

Are you sure the limitation is hardware and not firmware.
There is a lot of information out there on flashing custom firmware to the FlySky FS-i6.
Just a thought.

Adam B

Setting up F3 EVO and have been at it for 5 days trying to find out why I can not get sticks to respond in program. Program will not respond to radio. I have followed every direction and triple check everything. Help Please!
----------------------
I am having the same problem with my flysky I6X controller and Eachine E010S (flysky BNF version) and have been working through beginner crap for over 2 weeks now ... I think I have bound the controller to the E010S and stick movement is shown in cleanflight but it does not actually control the drone after I plug in the battery, also the motors spin when i plug in a battery even after entering the CLI config for motor spin stop. I am brand new to the world of RC drones but I am not stupid and it is starting to make me think other wise, can someone please help out a future pro with this problem?

Top Bottom