250 SOS with new 'top mount' AR7200 setup for 300X

Wolf714

.. had some more issues with the 300X & during attempted beastx adjustments, I stumbled back into the 'tilt- o- doom' condition

so I went ahead & did a factory reset; the only problem being (being a knucklehead & not realizing) I have flipped the beast to the top of the helicopter, so the reset now makes flying impossible-- the beast thinks it's still upside down!

could anybody out here in Heli- Renderland give me a step by step way to dial in the AR7200 properly, as it's mounted on top, instead of underneath the helicopter?

when I say 'step by step' I mean what I need to do with any/ all of the menu parameters to make it so it's in a default, rtf setup condition -- so hopefully all I'll need to do afterwards is trim

any viable 411 will be greatly appreciated!

Wlf

Tony

Staff member
You need to completely go through the setup of the gyro again. Any time you move or reset a gyro, you MUST do the complete setup again.

pvolcko

You will have to use the standard setup, except flip the elevator correction direction and the tail correction direction (and maybe one other).

In settings:

Step F: Switch to the non-default option (probably the "Normal" direction, default will probably be reversed for the 300X being upside down normally). Check you setting by rotating the heli a 45 degrees or so and seeing which way the blade turn. They should be "blowing" against the movement. Remember that they turn counter-clockwise.

Step M: Cycle through the options until you get the swash correcting properly in all directions. Proper corrections will have the swash staying roughly horizon level when you tilt it in any direction. If it is not doing that, then cycle to the next option or the setting and try the tilt test again until it does stay level.

Step N: I'm not sure if this will need to be changed or not. Try it out. Enter the step, the swash will tilt in some random direction. Now hold the heli by the main rotor blade holders, and swing the tail around a full 360 degrees. The swash tilt should appear to stay stationary to your perspective as the heli swings around. If it does not, then switch the option and verify with another swing of the tail.

Of course having reset you will have to do the full setup of servo centering, collective and cyclic pitch settings. Servo settings should be fine, but check them against your manaul's listed defaults. Servo directions should be fine with defaults, but check.

Last edited:

Wolf714

You will have to use the standard setup, except flip the elevator correction direction and the tail correction direction (and maybe one other).

In settings:

Step F: Switch to the non-default option (probably the "Normal" direction, default will probably be reversed for the 300X being upside down normally). Check you setting by rotating the heli a 45 degrees or so and seeing which way the blade turn. They should be "blowing" against the movement. Remember that they turn counter-clockwise.

Step M: Cycle through the options until you get the swash correcting properly in all directions. Proper corrections will have the swash staying roughly horizon level when you tilt it in any direction. If it is not doing that, then cycle to the next option or the setting and try the tilt test again until it does stay level.

Step N: I'm not sure if this will need to be changed or not. Try it out. Enter the step, the swash will tilt in some random direction. Now hold the heli by the main rotor blade holders, and swing the tail around a full 360 degrees. The swash tilt should appear to stay stationary to your perspective as the heli swings around. If it does not, then switch the option and verify with another swing of the tail.

Of course having reset you will have to do the full setup of servo centering, collective and cyclic pitch settings. Servo settings should be fine, but check them against your manaul's listed defaults. Servo directions should be fine with defaults, but check.

much thanx 4 that. I figured in the absence of any assistance it couldn't hurt to compare what the menu settings are w/ my 450X (top mounted beastX from factory) & it worked

still have tail vibe issues, but I hope w/ the new lynx frame brace on the way, & simply a few tweaks of the tail case screws, I'll be OK

Wlf

pvolcko

Loosening the tail case made a big improvement on vibes for me after one of my rebuilds. Frame brace didn't do much for vibes for me, but it greatly improved the crash resilience.

Top Bottom