250 SOS im having SO MANY Trex 250 problems and i have so little knowledge

RC-XMAN

When i go in to idle up mode the tail wags very erratically, it still flies but the wag is crazy.
my batteries never last more than 3-3 and a half minutes even brand new ones and im struggling so badly trying to set the correct pitch for my blades.
i generally fly in normal mode as a result of this but i really want to start flying in idle up mode smoothly.

any ideas??

Thanks!

Karubah

Can you supply a bit more info? what type of gyro, is the heli flybarred or FBL, what Tx are you using. Try lowering the gains a few points on your tail to stop the happy puppy look.

RC-XMAN

im using a dx61. There is a flybar and Gyro is gp750. all stock servos. also wen i put throttle up quick the helis nose turns to the left, is this normal?

murankar

Staff member
In the dx6i reduce your gyro gain by 3 to 5 points and do a test hover and see if it wags. If so repeat process till wag is gone. Then in crease it by 1 or 2 points test hover and see if wag came back. If it did reduce your gain by a point and test. This will be a big trial and error process till the tail is holding strong. Your Head hold setting should be right around 65 to start. Solve that issue first then address the flight time. I would think its one of a few issues, 1) go a bit bigger in the maH 2) Check your pinion and see if it is to big, You will need to know what head speed you want and adjust the pinion size as needed. Keep in mind that the smaller the pinion the more flight time you get and the less head speed you will have. Its a juggle for the best setup for you.

Top Bottom