Sorry About The Forum Going Down

Tony

Staff member
Last night I called my host and asked them to upgrade my server to one that is faster, more memory and more bandwidth. This should have been a smooth transition, but I guess they let a new guy play with it and he jacked it up. I called and put a little of the "Tony Charm" on them, and everything is back up and running smooth once again.

I do apologize. But it should be well worth it in the end.

-Tony N.
RC-Help.com

Derek

I've cleared my cache, checked the little box, and still I have to log in each time I come to the forum. It's as if the system doesn't remember me even though I check the box that says "Remember Me?"

Any ideas?

murankar

Staff member
As right now forum runner is moving a little faster. Will be keeping an eye on it throughout the day.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

callsign4223

Staff member
I've cleared my cache, checked the little box, and still I have to log in each time I come to the forum. It's as if the system doesn't remember me even though I check the box that says "Remember Me?"

Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue

Tony

Staff member
I'm looking into it. There are some tables that neeed to be updated and I'm not sure I can do it on my phone.

Tony

Staff member
Just ran some repairs on the tables . Let me know if this fixes the issue. I'm not having any issue staying logged in so i can't recreate it.

murankar

Staff member
Forum runner is not having an issue staying logged in. I have not checked the browser yet.

Tony

Staff member
Right on. There were some duplicate tables in the database from the move. Matt, are you still having issues with forumrunner? And URI, have you had issues with forumrunner shutting down on your phone? And what phone do you use?

murankar

Staff member
LG optimus pro g

The last few months have been crash free. When it did crash it was during photo up loads. If you notice most of my interaction on the forum is through forum runner.

callsign4223

Staff member
My issues started after the IOS 8 release by Apple. I think it's a forum runner issue, not a RCH issue. Still waiting on forum runner to release an update to correct it.

Tony

Staff member
Matt, that is why I was wondering if URI was having issues as well. There is a different version of forumrunner that I install on the forum. Might give it a try and see what happens. I know most people just get on here with tapatalk if they are using their phone. I prefer the forum mobile version myself. But on my Note II, I just use the regular site. I will check in to the update though. Long day tomorrow, have to make a run to Lindsay and then come back and head to Hennessy. I'm the only transport driver now for a while.

murankar

Staff member
I think iOS apps and android apps are built different, so it is possible for iOS may have bugs. 8 has been rough for a few folks.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, they are completely different. Case & point, my app for my aquarium controller is AWESOME on the iphone, but is almost useless on my Note II.

Derek

same thing going on here...cleared my cache again but still can't stay logged in. bummer!

Tony

Staff member
At the top of the forum, the check box is automatically checked by default. Are you clicking it again?

Derek

actually, it's weird, Tony....when I click on the RCH bookmark that I have, the first RCH page comes up and it shows that I'm not logged in. I can click on "What's New?" and the page loads up and I'm logged in, lol. Kinda funny!

Tony

Staff member
Check your bookmark and make sure it says "www.rc-help.com" and not just rc-help.com.

Top Bottom