450 Something attached itself to my 450!

DAL2855

Banned
What's this I see below the nose of my 450? Ah, yes I do believe it's a camera!

Yup! It's a camera! Finally got my FPV camera system working again this evening and got it installed and bench tested and everything is working properly! So now I'll be able to shoot some aerial video with it tomorrow! Hope you guys like it!

Snapshot_20130626_zps5c5a93da.jpg

Snapshot_20130626_3_zpse6e1d943.jpg

Snapshot_20130626_1_zps30966f6c.jpg

Snapshot_20130626_2_zps954a7879.jpg

Hopefully I can hold the bird steady enough to shoot some decent video with it!

Snapshot_20130626_zps5c5a93da.jpg

Snapshot_20130626_3_zpse6e1d943.jpg

Snapshot_20130626_1_zps30966f6c.jpg

Snapshot_20130626_2_zps954a7879.jpg

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I've had this system for several months now and hadn't been able to get it working properly, but today I pulled it back out of the box and decided I'm gonna get this working if it kills me! And it did take me a while to figure out what the actual problem was, but once I figured it out, works like a charm now!

Stambo

Really, you gonna FPV a heli, especially a 450, scary shirt man, good luck.
I tried it once on my 500. Scared the heck outa me.
Nearly crashed it. Took the gear off and kept it for my quads.
If you have not experienced FPV before I suggest a rethink before it's too late. :)

DAL2855

Banned
just going to use it to shoot aerial video of my flights, not to actually fly by looking at the screen all the time! maybe every now and then to get an idea of what the heli is seeing. I also have a dual monitor setup, one on my laptop and the other is a 7" LCD which will be mounted to my radio!

- - - Updated - - -

And I do have a set of the goggles that I could use instead of the monitor mounted to the radio which would allow me to simultaneously watch the heli and see what it sees!

DAL2855 hi im tom, I believe I have the same fpv system as u not sure it came with my heli when I bought it from someone. does yours run off of a 9v battery then transmit to a small greyish metal box that can either be plugged in or run from a 9v battery? I believe the system was around $40 or so? If not what kind is yours?

Your camera lens detachable by unscrewing it, because I believe I need a lens that screws on to mine but dont know where to get one? You say you have it connected to your laptop and a 7" monitor on your tx simultaneously, how is that do you just use a splitter for the video cable? Goggles, you say u can both watch your heli regularly and as the pilot, could you tell me what kind of goggles you have?

Sorry for the many questions iam just really intreaged by fpv & really want to try it out seens how I believe I already own most the components anyway minus the lens, monitor/ goggles, and power leads for both camera and reciever, but I do own a laptop. As much info & maybe even pics would be really appreciated thanks Tom also will be on a 450.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah the lens is replaceable on mine. The RX for my system says it's an RC305 5.8ghz system. Yeah I have spliced two of the yellow video cables together which allows me to have dual monitors. Mine came as a complete setup but had issues with power going to the camera, so last night I just ran a separate pwr and gnd coming straight from the battery to the camera rather than having the TX power the camera and everything works perfectly. I am not sure what the model number of the goggles are, but maybe later today I could shoot some pics of the entire setup and post them for you so you can see them! Hope I answered all your questions Tom! Search around on ebay or google to find another lens for your camera btw!

- - - Updated - - -

No mine runs on a 12v battery btw. Everything in my system is 12v!

Ya I wish I had video lol. Or even flown yet with either of my 2 birds. But I havent yet, I have an align trex 450 pro fbl 3gx with all the upgrades ie engine, esc, servos, body, cosmetic and also an E-Flite Blade 450 3D thsts stock for now. Cuz im still working on setting them both up with my spektrum DX7S with the help of ppl on here thank g% $.

But when I happen to get them up ill start posting starting with a maiden voyage. If there is a place on this site ill post up my small but very effective and inclusive hobby desk build out of storage racks that has everything youd ever need to do anything from building lipos, helis, to full paint jobs on transmitters but sorry for off topic ill work on the videos.

Lee

I'm interested in how bad the vibes will be. Good luck dude. look forward to the video.

Stambo

I did some video recording with an HD cam attached to my 500 and was surprised at the lack of vibes.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I know, mine has a few when I first start pulling pitch, but once it gets airborne, it smooths right out! Not much vibes at all I am very pleased! I am in the process of uploading some more videos right now to youtube and will link them so you guys can see them, Man this thing is fast! I got some video of some fast forward and an almost funnel (unintentional of course) but it was pretty awesome to see!

Top Bottom