Some of the fleet

trainrider06

That looks like the most comfortable place in the world to hang out and get away from
it all aside from a nice flying area.....except for one thing!
That chair man! You need a nice office chair to swivel around from bench to bench! Haha!
Great shop man!

Lillyryan

Nice looking fleet and workshop set-up, how long have you been flying?

Thanks. Been flying planes since I was young and been flying helis for a couple of years. New to flybarless though and this 3gx has had me tearing my hair out. Lol

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

Lillyryan

That looks like the most comfortable place in the world to hang out and get away from
it all aside from a nice flying area.....except for one thing!
That chair man! You need a nice office chair to swivel around from bench to bench! Haha!
Great shop man!

Thanks. Yes I'm always out tinkering with something. I think if I had a to comfy chair the wife would never see me. Lol

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

trainrider06

Yeah she might have to send out a search party!
....and I was so taken with that work area I forgot
to even compliment the fleet! Please give them my
apology's! :)

You said you'd only been flying helis a couple years...
Was the transition from wings to blades difficult?
and what made you decide to go Nitro?

Lillyryan

I found the transition from wings to blades relatively easy compared to some of the people I have seen. I do have an electric 450 but decided to go nitro because I didn't really want to bother with generators etc. The cost of decent lipos is frightening really if you wanted enough packs for a days flying without the use of a geni. Also I just love the sound smell and smoke trail from the nitro. We have a few members at the club that seem to be slowly going back to nitro also. you know I can turn up at the field with a few receiver packs and get in about ten flights with the heli and then get on the plane just to calm down lol.:burnout:

Tony

Staff member
That is a great looking fleet and a great workshop you have there. I do miss running nitro, but it seems the older I get, the more if affects me. I have a 600 nitro, er... the forum has a 600 nitro that I can hardly fly because it gives me one of the worse headaches imaginable. But man I want to fly that thing lol.

Keep the pictures coming. Love seeing them.

And 35mHz? wow, it's 27 and 72 here in the states. Oh, and of course the new 2.4 and such as well.

Lillyryan

That is a great looking fleet and a great workshop you have there. I do miss running nitro, but it seems the older I get, the more if affects me. I have a 600 nitro, er... the forum has a 600 nitro that I can hardly fly because it gives me one of the worse headaches imaginable. But man I want to fly that thing lol.

Keep the pictures coming. Love seeing them.

And 35mHz? wow, it's 27 and 72 here in the states. Oh, and of course the new 2.4 and such as well.

Thanks. I don't fly anything on 35mhz now though. 2.4 is much safer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trainrider06

You do have a point there with the batteries! I have about 4 packs per heli, and its a charging bonanza! oh i love the smell of Nitro! I usually take in a drag racing event at least once a year to get my fix! LOL But i remember way back (still remember some things even now LOL) when i had those COX nitro powered cars...used to love to smell them run!
hmm I may have to investigate those smoking beasts one day! :)

Lillyryan

you cant beat the smell of nitro. i just love it. we have two members at our local club who are sponsered by Align and when they are both flying nitro at the samwe time its like a haze lol. :banana:

Top Bottom