450 Some new Bling for your Warp 360

Lee

I'll be ordering this when i arrive in Mexico
HC-W360CTGBR_600px-250x250.jpg

HC-W360CTBG-S_600px-250x250.jpg

murankar

Staff member
As soon as I saw this post I was thinking you were in Mexico already. So going to up grade the plastic to metal? I hope it add performance to it and not just looks. I know some parts are just cosmetic.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Let me know how this is. Was reading about it yesterday. They are machined parts .. Which is awesome

On the table, today while setting up the ikon without the main blades on, my tail had vibes in it. I haven't felt it in flight. But now I know lol

Keep us posted. Might be a good upgrade :) if needed :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
The grips themselves should be a bit heavier. This is a GOOD thing because it causes a gyro effect (chinese weight mod) to the tail making it hold better. Parts look good. I know I have removed all of the plastic off the 600 and replaced it with metal myself.

Lee

Gaba,
Make sure you tail bearings are glued into the carbon plates. I got vibes when the bearing came loose and started spinning in the plate. JB weld does the trick.
Tony,
The tail grips, pitch sider and shaft are 5g lighter than the stock. Not sure on the grips alone, but i like the look of the metal grips. The plastic stock ones just bring the look of the heli down.

Tony

Staff member
Agreed. I'm really thinking of getting rid of the silver grips and getting the black ones. Just for the looks.

Can't wait to see it in the air after the mods!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Gaba,
Make sure you tail bearings are glued into the carbon plates. I got vibes when the bearing came loose and started spinning in the plate. JB weld does the trick.
Tony,
The tail grips, pitch sider and shaft are 5g lighter than the stock. Not sure on the grips alone, but i like the look of the metal grips. The plastic stock ones just bring the look of the heli down.

Really... I have to glue them in?

Any other way rather than JB welding.? Seems like it'll be a permanent thing if I JB weld it... ?

I bet there is slippage. I had to scrape a bit of carbon to get the bearings to seat in there good without breaking them.. That might make it a bit loose..

Ideas? :)

Ill maiden the ikon today.. Then at home will JB weld or whatever is suggested.. To the bearings

Tony

Staff member
Yes, CA will work. same method that Align TT users use to secure the bearing to the TT shaft. Holds great!

Lee

I used CA but it failed and the bearing started moving again. The JB weld is designed to bond to metal and was recommended by the Compass guys.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok heard

JB welded the sucker! :D

Didn't take as much time as I thought it would .. Lol

And definitely the bearing would have been turning... They were slipping in and out of the socket easy...

Lee

I just ordered the tail case and break away canopy mounts, but not the tail grips after Super Bads experience. I'll wait a bit longer until they sort that.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I might get their break always too. I hope theirs work as well as stock . Even if stock ones are a pain to replace, I have had two extreme crashes and canopy has seen no damage

I am keeping that all stock. I changed the tail belt tightness by elongating the tail boom slots and got that to b just right... It was flying beautifully... Except my esc bogging out and the dumb thumb lol

heli-maniac

I might get their break always too. I hope theirs work as well as stock . Even if stock ones are a pain to replace, I have had two extreme crashes and canopy has seen no damage

I am keeping that all stock. I changed the tail belt tightness by elongating the tail boom slots and got that to b just right... It was flying beautifully... Except my esc bogging out and the dumb thumb lol

Ill have a set of the brake away mounts before to long ill sell you Gaba im not going to use them Keeping stock one on mine

Top Bottom