Micro solo pro nine eagles set up help

tricky1400

hi not sure if anyone can help me but I recently bought a solo pro 229 nine eagles ( robbe ) helicopter which was meant to have been test flown before being posted to me here in the UK from the shop in Germany .

when it arrived I charged up the battery and after reading all of the instructions proceeded to try to get the heli in the air .

I own 2 450 size helicopters so was familiar ( thanks to Tony and others on this site ) with what I needed to do to fly it .

when I increase the throttle with the helicopter facing away from me the nose spins to the right and its impossible to control it to take off

on my 450 helicopters which are belt and shaft driven I know what the cause is likely to be but on this solo pro the tail is driven by a small electric motor mounted on the tail .

does anybody know how I would correct this problem ? would it be a settings issue in the transmitter or would it be a setting on the helicopter , any help would be appreciated .

would love to see it flying before its sent back to the shop in Germany :)

here is a link to the helicopter

Robbe Solo Pro 229 EC145 Black RC Singlerotor Hubschrauber RTB - im Conrad Online Shop | 001078776

thanks

murankar

Staff member
Tail correction is reversed or the rotor is spinning backwards. I am not sure if you can reverse the wires to change direction. I would assume your tail is a brushed motor. Anyhow one thing you could try is reverse the tail correction and see if that does anything. If it doesn't then the motor is spinning backwards.

tricky1400

Tail correction is reversed or the rotor is spinning backwards. I am not sure if you can reverse the wires to change direction. I would assume your tail is a brushed motor. Anyhow one thing you could try is reverse the tail correction and see if that does anything. If it doesn't then the motor is spinning backwards.

I have been trying to watch videos on youtube to see if I can tell which way the tail is meant to turn but its hard to tell .

on the helicopter they have sent me if you hold it sideways , nose to the right and tail to the left , the tail blades rotate upwards into the path of the main blades , so that would be anti clockwise .

I dont know why the helicopter would of been sent out with the tail spinning the wrong direction ? the shop keeps telling me that it was all tested and flown before it was sent but obviously it was not !

I dont have a detailed manual of the transmitter as I would have thought that maybe there would be a normal / reverse mode in there like on my 450 size helicopters allowing me to reverse servos .

would it be as simple as swapping the wires over on a tail motor to make it turn in the opposite direction ? are they made like that to allow rotation in both directions as I really have no experience with them ?

or would you think that the main rotors are spinning the wrong direction ?

thanks

murankar

Staff member
If the main disk rotates clockwise then the tail spins anti clockwise. So if that's correct then the gyro if you will is not correcting in the right direction. Not sure how to do that on your setup.

tricky1400

If the main disk rotates clockwise then the tail spins anti clockwise. So if that's correct then the gyro if you will is not correcting in the right direction. Not sure how to do that on your setup.

I am pretty sure that the main blades were rotating clockwise , will check though , and I know for sure that the tail blades rotate anti clockwise , one of the things the shop mentioned was to check the gyro setting on the transmitter , think they said something like " It must be on 25 for the upper stick position and 75 for the lower stick position " which when I checked it was on those settings .

I have tried to fly it with the stick in both positions and it still spins the same direction

so it sounds as if its going to be a bit more complicated to sort out then , possibly gyro not working at all ?

may need new parts ?

really annoying as its meant to be brand new unused and fully test flown

thanks

tricky1400

hi not sure if anyone can help but I still have this helicopter as the shop I bought it from are dragging their heels in collecting it from me and I really would like to try and fly it .

I have explained that it just spins on spool up and I cant stop this happening , does anyone know if there is a way I could get this helicopter in the air as I would love to see it fly :)

the tail is driven by a small motor rather than driven off of the main gear drive so I dont know where to start in adjusting things , do I check the radio set up or tweek the settings on the gyro ?

hope someone can suggest something

thanks

Lee

Hey Tricky, from another Wiltshire boy :) (Marlborough)
Can you hold the heli in your hand.
Being careful spool it up, then rotate it in you hand to see if the tail resists the rotation, or its easy to turn.
This will tell you if the tail gyro is compensating correctly.
If my brain is working correctly :D
When you rotate the heli nose right, the resistance should decrease.
Nose left the resistance should increase.

Looking at the video from the shop.
Its standard rotor direction.
Main clockwise. Tail anticlockwise when looking from the right side of the heli.

Last edited:

tricky1400

Hey Tricky, from another Wiltshire boy :) (Marlborough)
Can you hold the heli in your hand.
Being careful spool it up, then rotate it in you hand to see if the tail resists the rotation, or its easy to turn.
This will tell you if the tail gyro is compensating correctly.
If my brain is working correctly :D
When you rotate the heli nose right, the resistance should decrease.
Nose left the resistance should increase.

Looking at the video from the shop.
Its standard rotor direction.
Main clockwise. Tail anticlockwise when looking from the right side of the heli.

Lee

hi thanks for your email , Marlborough is just up the road from me :)

from memory , I did try holding the heli in my hand and spooling it up to see what would happen and the thing I remember was that the tail motor was very strong and I had to really hold the heli tight to stop it turning ( nose to the right I think )

the heli is all boxed up at the moment because I expected the shop to want it back asap but that is taking ages so I thought what the heck try and fly it , but obviously I dont want to damage it .

I also noticed that each time I plug the lipo battery into the heli I need to re bind it everytime , I am sure this is not meant to happen either .

The shop assures me that they sent me a brand new unused and fully tested ready to fly heli but its looking like there has been a major c . . k up by somebody there end !

thanks

trainrider06

I'm not sure if it would be the same but on my Blade SR the tail spins clock wise I believe...it has an electric motor also on the tail...is there a gyro on it to reverse it? Perhaps some way to reverse the tail? Just sounds like something either Gyro if it has a way to reverse it or in the radio itself just needs reversed.

Top Bottom