250 Solo pro 228p help needed

Martin0924

I just completed fitting a new fuse to this heli and it looks great but even at full throttle it wont lift off. Can i fit a bigger motor than the standard 370 to it?

murankar

Staff member
At full throttle it should be lifting off the ground or you have to much weight for the heli to lift. Normally this is going to be a pitch issue and not so much motor speed. If its the stock motor then it should be flying. I would check the pitch at full positive and full negative. If you under lets say 10 degrees then you need to add pitch not motor.

Martin0924

At full throttle it should be lifting off the ground or you have to much weight for the heli to lift. Normally this is going to be a pitch issue and not so much motor speed. If its the stock motor then it should be flying. I would check the pitch at full positive and full negative. If you under lets say 10 degrees then you need to add pitch not motor.

Thanks for your reply.
This heli unfortunately is a fixed pitch heli. Can i change the pitch in any way if it is?

murankar

Staff member
Unfortunately with fixed pitch it is what it is. The only other thing it could be is the air frame is to heavy or the motor is wore out.

Lee

Is the new fuse designed for that specific heli?
Did you weigh it before and after to see the difference?
This is a brushed motor heli. Brushed motors can burn out and loose power eventually. How old is it?
If its a power issue, you could look at converting it to brushless, but that would take a lot of modification and expense, you may not want to put into it.

murankar

Staff member
yeah if he does that he might as well buy a 180cfx. Just saying. Now days its not worth the cost to upgrade to brushless. Your better off just buying a kit thats already brushless.

Smoggie

You shouldnt have to be changing motors or adjusting pitch angle for the heli to fly. it should fly just fine in standard condition, sure it wont be a rocket ship but it should lift off the ground and fly around without any problem.

So IMHO you need to be looking for what's wrong with it rather than looking to modify it.

• Have you added weight (heavier body, heavier battery?) if so remove the added weight.
  • Is everything running smoothly and does the rotor turn freely?
  • Is the battery in good condition.. if it's old and/or if it's been stored for a long time fully charged then it's probably toast so try another battery.
  • Finally has it seen enough use for the motor to be getting worn out (brushed motors do wear out eventually)

The most common problem of all is duff batteries especially if the heli has been put away in storage for a while.

murankar

Staff member
I think that's what I suggested in post four, and what Lee stated in post five.

We were just throwing out options nothing more.

Either the frame is to heavy or the motor is done. It's plausible that the packs are done too.

Smoggie

Sorry, not trying to steal anyones thunder, just trying to sum up the options as i saw them to make a simple punch list for the OP to consider.

FWIW the battery had not been mentioned and (assuming the body doesnt weigh a ton) is probably the most likely cause IMHO.

Top Bottom