Spektrum Soldering switch

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone. I need to replace my 3 way switch on my DX6 Tx. When it comes to soldering the wires on the switch. IMG_0549.JPG Can I solder the wires together or directly to the switch? This 3 way switch is from a Walkera 2801 PRO and want to use it on my DX6.

IMG_0549.JPG

trainrider06

Looks to me like you'd need to de solder the circuit board from the switch, then solder each wire to the correct terminal ends of the switch. Not sure though about the switch if that one can be used or not though.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can solder directly to the switch, just don't put too much heat into it. That board is there to allow for a direct plug instead of soldering. As long as there is a backing board on the switch (without the PCB) then you can take it off the PCB and use it by itself.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks guys for your information. I'll give it a try over the weekend. I got my other 3 ways switch fixed so at least I can still fly.

trainrider06

Make sure it's a compatible switch although I don't know how you'd know lol I think some of the Futaba radio switches are...

Tony

Staff member
A switch is a switch in most cases. It's just a mechanical relay that connects two conductors. The only switches that I know of that would not work are those that require +12vDC for a light, but still work without the voltage. then there are those that have built in relays and such, but they are not common.

Smoggie

I replaced one of the switches on my Spektrum DX18 with a Futaba switch, they are identical. If you buy a regular switch it wont have that PCB on, that must be something added by Walkera.

here's a range of Futaba switches: Futaba Radio Spares

Top Bottom