ESC Soldering Cup Type Terminals

bigone5500

I found this video on youtube. It demonstrates the proper way to solder a cup type terminal. I found this to be right on par with the bullet connectors on the ESCs.

Smoggie

That's an interesting technique in the video, the solder 'pre-form' idea is a new one on me. i'll give it a try next time.

By the way.. i'm always curious why you guys in the US pronounce the word solder (sold-er) to sound like 'Soder'?.. What happened to the 'L' ?

Tony

Staff member
My answer to that question is with another question. Why is it when you pronounce "Battery", it's pronounced "Bat-ry"? lol What happened to the second T and the E?

Smoggie

My answer to that question is with another question. Why is it when you pronounce "Battery", it's pronounced "Bat-ry"? lol What happened to the second T and the E?

We invented the English language so we are allowed to abuse it;)

bigone5500

You should hear some of the people I have worked with...they invent their own words. Just plain destroy the English language.

Topic, next exit.

Dennis H

This is the type system I am referring to. NO heat, apply pressure to a bullet type connector (or any type connector, or soldering just wire), squeeze arms on the connector, and usually you have a pedal, apply pressure, and you have instant heat to the bullet connector. I have used resistant type spot welders that will bond 5 pieces of 1/8 steel together in less than 5 seconds . Heat does not radiate.

Professionals use this type system, plus they allow you to do the "perfect" soldering job.

No hot iron to worry about.

s-l1600.jpg

landing_rs.jpg

Dennis H

Nope, never had one and have never used one.

On bullet type connectors, it's the best. I have use resistant type spot welders on large equipment part productions. Their amazing.

I am sure on our scale, they would come in very handy. I don't know about direct contact joints, like soldering two bare wires together. But XT60's, EC5's, etc., it should be perfect. It instantly heats up the connector, melts the solder, and it's over with within 2 seconds.
upload_2018-6-1_17-26-8.png

Top Bottom