So Where Have I Been, Busy.

murankar

Staff member
Back in July I was granted another round of acupuncture for the anxiety depression and back issues. That consumed all of my Mondays, Wednesday's and Fridays for the month of July and first week in august. On my Tuesdays and Thursdays I was painting my dads house. That project took till august to finish. Then I followed up on Chellees house which was in dire need of paint.

August I started back at remodeling during my mornings for most of the month. At the end of the month my boys dad passed unexpectedly. This weekend is the wake. Son I ended up doing a few more.days with him to help keep his mind at ease. I followed that project with my yard.

In September I managed to locate and repurpose a Dell R610 server, 3 laptops, 2 Cisco 3560 8 port layer 3 switches (not a layer 3 router, big difference) and an 8 TB Buffalo Backup NAS. I have have been busting back side to get the server running a hypervisor. I succeeded and now have a web site built and ready. For what ever reason I can't get it working on the outside of the network. I have a domain, my IP is registered with the domain Anson have port forwarding setup on the isp router. I think the DNS has not.caught up yet. The web site.is a blog site for Chellee.

I was given the green light to go head and start the renovation. I decided I wanted to plant GCI Turf Academy Turf Type Tall Fescue. This is a durable cool season grass. It thrives in the spring and fall and prefers to be long, about 4.5 inches. This grass looks really awesome when cared for properly.

This was taken 3 or four days after I started breaking ground. I began around august 25 ish with the prep. The idea was to have the sod removed and ground preped for seed by labor day weekend. I did make the date. I finally planted the seed the day before labour day. Later you will see the results. It took roughly 7 days for germination to occurs. Which was the following Saturday.
P_20190905_091609_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190908_105321_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190908_115927_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190918_090933_vHDR_Auto.jpg

This was the first cut of the new grass. 2 weeks after germination.
P_20190926_182913_vHDR_Auto.jpg

This was right after the second cut. Not much to say. I I had put down my second round of macro nutrients at this point. Weeds started to creep in at this point. So I eventually did a weed and feed. Later inbound out I should have waited. The grass wasn't really ready for that product. I didn't harm the grass but it did hurt the growth a little.
P_20190928_125252_vHDR_Auto.jpg

The next 4 pics were take on Saturday the 5th right after a cut. This is around 4 weeks after germination. This grass is starting to fill out at This stage. I am cutting at 3.75 inches, the highest my mower cuts.

P_20191004_175803_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20191004_175824_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20191004_175839_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20191004_175930_vHDR_Auto.jpg

This pic was taken 3 days ago on the 8th right after I cut it. Oct 11 will be the next cut. I am cutting this section about every 3 days now.

In have my soil so loaded with nitrogen and potassium that this stuff is taking off. Since planting In have threw down about 1.5 to 2.0 pounds per 1000 square ft of nitrogen. I have other stuff In have been spraying also. My next macro treatment is next weekend. In will show you all the results a few days after.

P_20191008_123129_vHDR_Auto.jpg

More to come

Attachments

• P_20190926_182920_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20190926_182920_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 1

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good lord URI. That looks sweet but too much work for my butt..that's for sure Lol. Glad to here your still around!

RandyDSok

Domain names typically take about 1-3 days to propagate ... so give it about 5 for some of the outlyers that don't follow the standards.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks for the info. truth be told I am also mucking around with the ports for the server. I think port 80 is blocked by the isp. so I opened up 8080 for the time bbeing. This weekend I am going to try and set up https and a mail server for the domain.

Top Bottom