So, so Lucky

treff

After a bit of a rebuild (tree landing with over night stay) I finally got around to a bit of flying
Time was short so I went back to the small, very small field near the house. It was really good
I threw caution to the wind and did some fast (for me circuits) I was really chuffed, turning in on my self
and bringing the heli at speed towards me. First and second times really great, smooth turns then out again
but not to far did not want to end up in the branches again. Third time really moving, really moving towards my head.
Bit of a panic, full right aileron and rudder and it turned on itself right in front of my eyes, right in front of my nose. Pulled up to kill the speed.
It then went what I can only describe has mad. All over the place, uncontrollable. I pulled the kill switch and it settled, twitching into the long grass from about 3 feet high almost at my feet.
Picked it up, no damage from what I could see. It was then one of the main blades flopped to one side. One of the plastic connectors that does all the work on a DFC head had broken. Lucky or what.
I seem to being having a bit of a problem if you can call it that. I can only seem to fly the heli fast, or relatively fast. If I slow down I begin to have problems of orientation. Just
part of the learning curve I suppose.
By the way, still can not find my damn charger for the TX. LOL

Last edited:

treff

Cheers Kev. Not so lucky on the third battery. I must curb my desire to fly to fast and to far away LOL. Not to much damage just stripped the main
gear. I think the longer you fly the better you learn to crash LOL. Thank goodness for long grass and soft earth. Somehow I must train my self to fly closer
and more slowly or buy a good pair of binoculars LOL. Cheers

Slobberdog

Its hard to fly a 450 slow when you are a beginner, as it twitches so fast, glad you have not got to much damage

treff

Thanks Kev, yes all repaired and ready for the next one LOL. I will tame it down a little more so I can't go so fast. My depth perception is useless. When I think
it's not to far away I am actually flying over the road next to ours which is not good if anything goes wrong. My next door neighbour says I flew over him when he was out
walking. He thought it was the police helicopter but thought the noise was not right LOL. I will try to keep it at 8 feet and see how it goes. Probably into the ground LOL. Cheers

Lee

Flying slowly with control is far harder than flying fast. Holding an inverted hover for me is way harder than doing inverted circuits.
Keep up the good work Treff. :)

treff

Thanks Lee. Its been eventful LOL but great fun. I must find the time to put my other 450 together. Cheers

Top Bottom