500 Slow servos

flyer1

PHP:
os
Hi Guys, Have just set up my Trex500 PRO DFC and all working in the correct directions but the cyclic servos are slow to return when the sticks are released. Any ideas as i have been through the setup a number of times and all with the same slow cyclic servo return.
Thanks
Paul.

EyeStation

I think a number of people notice this when the heli is not spooled up. This is common when on the ground and not at headspeed.
I am sure Someone else will either agree with me or set us both straight.
What gyro are you using on that kit?
Welcome to the forum, by the way.

flyer1

The 3gx that came with the kit V3.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed another post asking the same question! seems like it's the norm. Thanks for your speedy reply.
Paul.

Lee

Yep thats normal.
The heli isn't moving, so nothing is telling the gyros to make an input change. So it just slowly drifts back to centre.

holtneil

Hi mate you need to update to v5 on the 3gx , the only down side is your have to set up again , but its nice to fly on v5 the heli will be more stable climbing and descending Tony put a link on here for it ,or just go to 3gx.com

- - - Updated - - -

where in the uk are you i am in luton i have the 500 pro , slobberdog is in wales

flyer1

Thanks, I'll try it first and then maybe update to v5. This is my first heli for about 8 years since learning with a Raptor 30 (been flying Planes) so a bit rusty.
I'm in South Cheshire.

holtneil

Hi mate this was my first over 450 heli , i set up as Tony said on his 3gx video and i was so nice to fly ,it has a small bounce to it coming from forward flight to a stop, thats the gains on the gyro pots standard setting is 12oclock i came down to 9oclock, and even in strong wind no bounce all the other settings are as Tony did and its very stable and smooth , good luck on the test flight let us know how you get on Flyer1

Ktrpilot

Please forgive me if this is a silly question or if ive posted in the wrong place, but does the slow response for a servo to return to center apply to a fly barred heli too? my elevator and Aileron servos both zip back to the center however the pitch servo is very sluggish and much slower. Im thinking it could be knackered and needing to be replaced...

Cheers in advance

Slobberdog

no the servos on a fly barred head are not affected by gyros, so it can only be the servo playing up or a binding on that side of the swash,

Ktrpilot

That makes sense.. The servo doesnt sound like its labouring at all which made me think it was knackered too though i'm still on a pretty steep learning curve..

Thanks for your reply!

flyer1

Had the first flight with the 500 but a little to responsive for me having not flown a heli for a few years so have returned home to reduce the settings and will try it again next week. Nice heli though.:smile:

Top Bottom