Prop Skyfun Jet with power upgrade

Lee

I have had this plane sitting on top of my cupboard for 6 months with no electrics in it. I used then to build a trainer plane :D Been so caught up in getting all my helis built, it got neglected. Well no she has a power upgrade. Turnigy 3200KV motor, 70A ESC and 4S nanotech battery. In the video i'm just using 3S. Working on getting rid of vibrations. Haven't made it to the end of a battery yet as things keep falling off LOL. This flight was the worst as i broke off the nose :sad0147: but its all glued back together and ready to beat the air into submission again. This time with the 4S battery :twothumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it just doesn't sound quite right lol. I think when you get your 6x4 prop and center it on that shaft, that thing will be sick fast. Can't wait for that time! I am so going to have to get one of these lol.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
And I was going to say "That thing really scoots!" until I read Tony's post. I can't wait until you get the bugs worked out Lee. That thing should be a holy terror! :biggrin1:

Lee

That was half power. With the centred larger prop and the 4S bat it will go like Sh** off a shovel :D

Lee

Heres the first flight with the 4S setup. Man its pretty fast. Next i will be getting 6x4 props then it should shift :D

Keith

Dont forget to take a shovel with you Lee so if you happen to lawndart it you can just fill the hole in....

Lee

I already did lawn dart it Keith. But the lawn was harder than the plane :D broke the nose clean off. Its got hot glue and carbon rods in the nose now. Good thing with this plane is they sell all the parts separately at Hobby King.

Lee

Ok heres a tail view clip. More tail than view as the tape holing the camera came undone :D
Check the speed it fly off at from launch, amd thats not full throttle :D

Tony

Staff member
That didn't seem like the best landing, but it looked great in the air lol. Man I really want one of those lol.

Lee

The grass is more like steel wire. Think of it like a cable on the deck of an aircraft carrier. Stops planes on a dime :D

Lee

Yep it moves. I start flying with the 4S bat first. After that the 3S feels like a slowfly trainer :D
Unfortunately guys it took a dive this morning. Lost aileron control on take off. Not sure why. Drilled it into the ground. Ripped the motor mount off and broke a prop. I have glued the mount back on but part of the foam is missing. So a trip to the hardware store for some expanding foam, and i'll be putting a piece of 3mm ply under it too, and some carbon struts.
Its gonna stay on the shelf for a few days while i get my 500 tracked and finally finish building my 450.

Top Bottom