Site problems and issues

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone. Paul and I are aware of a couple issues on the forum and the main site but we want your help. If you know of an issue, please post it in this thread. Even if the issue has been posted somewhere else, please put it in this thread.

We are going to go through every speck of code, and make this site perfect. But, we need you to tell us what you see wrong. Members will be able to see things that admins can't, since we have full permissions. So help us out guys. What issues do you see that need to be fixed? Yes, even the very minor ones.

The issue with getting kicked out of the forum and chat is a simple fix. when you log in, you must check the little box to stay logged in. There is nothing that we can do to stop this. vBulletin is working on the issue, but it's beyond my control.

Lee

Why in the chat room, does it always jump? When i want to see what was said before i scroll up but it jumps straight back to the end? And i can never see the last message it always scrolls back up one post?

Tony

Staff member
It's because of the refresh rate. When it refreshes, it will always jump back to the newest message. The way I do it, is I hold my mouse on the slider to the right, adn scroll by holding it. When it refreshes, a small movement of the mouse will make it go right back to where you were. Annoying I know, and I will look into it to see about fixing it.

Keith

It's not so much of a problem now because I know where it is but for anyone looking to see 'who is on line' the drop down box in Quick links falls over that advert and is hard to read... You probably have no control over the advertising but if it could be moved some where else it would be better...

Tony

Staff member
An easier way to see who is online, and the way I do it, is go to http://rc-help.com/forum/forum.php and scroll all the way to the bottom. There you will see a link to all of the people online.

but, I do see what you are saying, and it does need to be fixed. So, I will try to make the text in there white, or darken the background or something. Cause I have noticed the same issue. Thanks for the heads up Keith.

Tony

Staff member
Keith, concider your issue solved. Check it out and let me know if it works for you.

Tony

Staff member
Alright, so I have been playing all day to try to find a way to make links stand out. Well, if you change the links in a thread, then it changes all the links for the site. This is not what I want to do. So, I have just underlined all of the links on the site. They should be pretty easy to spot. If you have any suggestions on a better way to do this, please let me know. Cause My eyes are burning, and I'm tired lol.

Keith

Found another one Tony... The menu above this msg box..B,I,U,etc... can't see them until you highlight them...Good luck, your time starts NOW....

Tony

Staff member
haha, I have noticed that, and for some reason it never clicked. Looking into it now.

Hi Tony
Still having problems viewing some of your video's.
You have a link to all your video's but unfortunatly i still get the private message on some of the when i try to view.
Keep up the excellent work.
Barry

Tony

Staff member
Tommy, is there anyway you can take a screen shot? I will look at the error logs and see what I can find.

Rc-Help

Hey Tommy, I just logged in with this user name (standard member) and didn't get any invalid redirect. Not sure what is going on...

Tony

Staff member
Interesting. If it's on the page that I think it's on, it's only up for a few seconds. If you can, get a screen shot, or better yet, right click the page and click "View Source". Copy that into a text file and that way I can see the code. Hope it doesn't happen again though. The server that I'm using just underwent an upgrade, so there are still a couple issues to iron out.

Tony

Staff member
Try clearing your cache. I'm not having that issue, and if anyone else is, let me know and I will start diggin in the server to find a possible cause.

Top Bottom