Site May Slow Down Soon

Tony

Staff member
I just installed a little add on that will take all IMG tag images as well as all of those damn broken photobucket images and convert them into attachment files here on the site. It is annoying what Photobucket has done just to try to make a few bucks (photobucket is why I am doing this) and with the add on I installed, it is going to go through every post and look for these IMG files as well as all of the photobucket links.

It will do this every 10 minutes for a while today and it will process 1000 images at a time. This is going to cause the load on the server to go up which could cause the forum to slow down for a bit. I'm watching the processes on the site to see how bad it gets and if it gets too bad, I will lower the number it processes at a time.

If you see anything going wrong, post in here and let me know. Otherwise, enjoy the images coming back that I thought were long gone! Screw you photobucket, lol.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and there are only 3700 posts with IMG tags in them lmao. If updating 1000 works, then it shouldn't take long. But if it times out and I have to lower it, it will take a bit longer.

Tony

Staff member
Doing 1000 images at a time didn't work. It was timing out on me and I dont' want to raise the php limit. So I lowered it down, way down and I have it running every minute. Should be the same outcome, it's just going to take a bit longer.

Tony

Staff member
Well, I ran into a little issue with this add on. Once it hits a broken image that no longer exists at the given URL, it just stops. Trying to work on it but not making much progress.

Tony

Staff member
The site shouldn't be slow right now. If it is, let me know and I will look into it. But from what I see, it's not slowing it down even when it is running.

Top Bottom