450 Singing in the rain (NOT!)

Blade 400

Got to the field an hour ago to fly my recently repaired Tarot 450 Pro V2 - Thanks again Geena & Admiral ;) (new Torque Tube and Tail drive shaft) Sat in the car for half an hour praying for a break in the rain, but wasn`t to be. There`s a reason why Wales (UK) is so lush and green!
From a flying perspective, I wish I lived somewhere with less rain and wind, but it does give me time for the Sim, repairs and build projects - I`m just getting fed up of dis-charging Lipo`s! How much damage does leaving them charged overnight do please anyone?
Hope the weather is good where the rest of you are :thumbsup:

Geena

Staff member
Leaving them charged over night, no problem. But you don`t want to leave them charged for days at a time. That will damage the cells, and shorten the battery`s life.

Blade 400

Leaving them charged over night, no problem. But you don`t want to leave them charged for days at a time. That will damage the cells, and shorten the battery`s life.
Thanks Geena, I have been dis-charging every time the weather is unacceptable. Even though its only ten minutes in the car to the field, the difference in wind condition can be substantial. I`m glad I picked up the second charger, when I do get a nice day, I can shoot home and back several times for lots of flights - I just have six Lipos :biggrin1:

Geena

Staff member
I only have two 12s setups for the 730E, and a receiver battery for each nitro....so I do all of my charging at the field. With my charging setup, it only takes about 10-15 minutes to charge up two 12s packs, so I put them on while I`m doing my preflight inspections. From there, I fly a pack out, put it back on the charger and fly the other pack....and repeat.

This is my charging setup:

IMG_2159.jpg

Blade 400

I only have two 12s setups for the 730E, and a receiver battery for each nitro....so I do all of my charging at the field. With my charging setup, it only takes about 10-15 minutes to charge up two 12s packs, so I put them on while I`m doing my preflight inspections. From there, I fly a pack out, put it back on the charger and fly the other pack....and repeat.

This is my charging setup:

View attachment 23699
That`s really cool and so practical. I don`t know anything about field chargers? Do you have mains electric point at your flying field? or does it run off your car battery? I wonder if there is a field charger that would run off my car battery for 2200mah 3 cell Lipos?

Geena

Staff member
That`s really cool and so practical. I don`t know anything about field chargers? Do you have mains electric point at your flying field? or does it run off your car battery? I wonder if there is a field charger that would run off my car battery for 2200mah 3 cell Lipos?
We have A/C power at our field, but I also use a generator for the clubs which have no power.

there are plenty of capable chargers that will work off of the car battery, which are fairly inexpensive

Top Bottom