1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Sim question for Mac users

Discussion in 'Simulator Controllers' started by Lee, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Extreme Sports Instructor
    Guys, I just got the 12 in 1 sim cable for my mac as i've been having issues getting my other cables to work with Windows on my mac. I now know its a problem with the software on my mac. The USB port doesn't recognise the cable when i plug it in. I have tried it on a Windows machine and all works properly. I know that Gaba has it working so maybe you can lead me to the set up for Parallels and Windows USB issues.
    Cheers Lee

PS the sooner i get this working, the sooner i'll be on Phoenix with you guys.

2. Graham Lawrie

Graham Lawrie New Member

Engineering Manager
    Found this Lee:
    "Phoenix is Windows-only. However, your new Mac will include software called BootCamp. This allows you install Windows alongside OS X so you can boot into Windows and then use Phoenix.

I've got a year-old 27" iMac and it runs great.

Check this out: Mac 101: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp"

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  3. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I have parallels and VM virtual box. They both do the same thing as Bootcamp. But as its the last thing i haven't tried, i'll give bootcamp a go. Thanks Graham

4. coolgabsi

coolgabsi Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Engineer
    Yeah graham I am using parallels just like lee. Abd then Phoenix on top of it.

Anywaz I know I had you try this.. But does something show up in Mac if not windows. May be that USB is just not shared? Or that type of device is not shared. If your parallels is running in small window size not full size or coherent mode, then you can check and change that from the bottom ...

I never had an issue installing it but it sucks that windows wouldn't even recognize its plugged in?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

5. Westy

Westy LEGEND

6. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Thanks Westy, I've tried all that stuff with no luck.

Gaba can you explain exactly how you set yours up. Do you have a legal copy of Parallels and Windows? PM me if you want with all the details.

7. Graham Lawrie

Graham Lawrie New Member

Engineering Manager
    Any luck yet with this?

8. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

No. I tried to load up Bootcamp, but it wouldn't let me. Said i needed 10Gb of space to work, but i actually had 29Gb of space??? I will try again soon.

9. planeflyer

planeflyer New Member

Lee,
    here is your answer:

You have a mac (so do I). to run Phoenix RC 5 you obviously are using bootcamp or parallels or vmfirmware (i use vmfirmware) to "create" a windows environment. ( you should probably use Windows 7 for Phoenix RC 5 to be happy).
    1. do NOT plug in the Phoenix flight transmitter cable yet.
    2. However your setup requires it.... get window 7 running.
    3. start up Phoenix RC 5.
    4. IT will most likely tell you that you have no controller or tranmitter connected yet. (that's true, you did not yet plug it in to your mac USB port).
    5. if you plug your cable in BEFORE you are within windows.... the cable BELONGS to the mac
    6. if you plug your cable in AFTER you are within windows...the cable BELONGS to the PC ( you will hear a bell sound when you plug in the cable_
    7. So, plug the cable into USB port with windows running and with Phoenix running......a "requester window" will pop up and ask if cable should belong to Mac or Windows.... you should click on the "windows" answer at this time
    8. Let us know if this works for ya !!!

10. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Thanks planeflyer.
    This thread is 3 years old, but I never got it to work.
    The issue wasn't with the operating system.
    The issue was with the 12 in 1 cable not being recognised by the computer at all.
    When you plug it into a normal PC, a blue light flashes in the USB cable.
    This doesn't happen with my Mac. The light does nothing. So when running the VMfirmware, there is nothing active, for the computer to see.
    I gave up on it a long time ago, and just run Heli X on native OS :)