Projects Side thrust

westray

Almost ready for maiden flight. Tomorrow,weather permitting,I will have it in the air. The weather here in central Scotland has been atrocious for the last few days. I have a couple of questions remaining. Did you have to add any side thrust to the motor,and if so, how much? What was the all up weight of the finished plane? Thanks again for a great set of plans and a very thorough and cleary explained set of build videos.

Tony

Staff member
You know, I don't think I ever weighed my plane lol. I"m at work right now and don't have it with me. I would put it in the air, trim it out and fly it around for about 2-3 minutes and land it and check the temp of the motor, battery and ESC. Things should be warm and not hot.

As for angle of the motor, you should have double the down angle compared to Right angle. I never put a gauge on it, but I'm going to guess 8º of down and 4º of right and try it. If you notice the plane going up when you give it throttle, add a little more angle to it. I have gotten to where ti's natural to add elevator to it as I throttle up and down.

Can't wait to see it in the air!

Top Bottom