Show Your Smoker In Action

Tony

Staff member
Alright guys, if there is one thing that I love, it's smoking some meat on my smoker. I have just a standard old offset smoker that I have had for years. It's so old that I have had to use my welder on this guy a few times now, including making completely new legs for it. But man this thing can smoke some awesome meats.

So the idea of this thread is when you are smoking something (even on a charcoal grill), post up some pictures of what you are smoking!

Today's Dinner is going to be some pork ribs with some 100% homemade baked beans. In the picture you can see the ribs with an awesome applewood dry rub and in the pot are my beans. I have them partially covered because the beans are not all the way done and will take a while to finish, and I don't want to keep topping them off with broth. But I do want to get the smoke flavor in there.

I know you can't see the smoke in this picture, but a gust of wind hit from right to left in the picture, and my firebox is on the left so it blew the smoke away leaving this nice clear picture. So, whatcha smokin'?

IMG_1666.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, this is my first time making True Homemade Baked Beans and they are not a fail lol. Now, I didn't grow the beans, but they were dried beans, flavorless! Everyone else on youtube and the net, first ingredient is Busch's Baked Beans.... You know, what you are trying to make.... Screw that, I wanted my own way of doing it. And man, they are tasty.

Now, this is my first time so they are not perfect. Little too sweet for my liking. So I will work on that for the next batch. Bacon was right on par with a PACKAGE of bacon in there lmao. The spices were on par, especially the Smoked Chipotle!!! If I would have had onion (I know, right....), it would have made it even better. But, here are the Smoked Baked Beans made by yours truly.

IMG_1668.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Just got done eating and the ribs were sucking a clean bone good! The beans were a little too sweet as mentioned, and my grandma said just a touch too much spice. She never was one for spicy foods lol. She said the ribs were awesome though. And we served it with a side of thin green beans saute'd in bacon fat and finished with a little butter. All in all, I was happy to toss another piece of meat on my ole smoker again. I really need to build a new one before this one completely falls apart on me lol.

Tony

Staff member
Nice, even have some pellets in a cast iron smoke box! This is how you smoke on a gas grill. And notice that rack above!

What flavor of pellets?

murankar

Staff member
Hickory, I love hickory. Does everything but fish. When I do salmon I use cherry.

Every time I fire up the grill its usually full of chicken and pork. Then after all that is cooked its hotdog time for the kids.

Ribs take about an hour to an hour and half. Chicken is about 45 minutes, brats 30 minutes.

Tony

Staff member
I was burning Hickory in my smoker as well. Mine was real split wood though lol. But if I had the money, I would get a Traeger which is an automatic pellet smoker. Set it and forget it. Would be nice sometimes.

murankar

Staff member
I have heard of those. They are costly for sure. I prefer wood chunk over pellets. The pellets work but not like I want them too. I have to keep them damp so they don't burn. Problem is they swell up.

Top Bottom