450 Should I put an Ikon on my 450?

akabud

I have T Rex 450 Plus and a new DX6. I’ve got 10 flights on it and two minor crashes. I had a Blade 200 SRX and really, really liked the self-leveling feature. I would like to upgrade my 450 with an Ikon for that feature. There are a couple of things I’ve read that concern me. First there are ports on all sides of the unit and it’s hard to mount it so you can get to all the ports. Second the self-leveling is difficult to set up properly and is effected by vibration so it doesn’t work that well.

So I guess what I want to know is are these real problems or just minor challenges? And any suggestions on where and how to mount it.

Also how does the self-leveling work? Is it like the SRX where you just center the cyclic stick and it levels or do you have to flip a switch?

Obviously I’m looking for something that is beginner friendly.

Slobberdog

It's a totally different way of doing it on the Ikon to the blade

With the blade it's a feature of a flying mode, where as you say you can have it on the mode or when you flip the switch, but it's all done on the blade control board

The ikon will have to be set up meticulously and have next to no vibes, and will be controlled on a flight switch, it can be done on the Dx6 but you won't then be able to set your gyro gain on the tx,

The mounting looks possible between the frames but you will have to access the pc connector, as it's the split frame kit measure the gap you have in there before you look for the gyro,

Top Bottom