General Shorten Servo Wires

Tony

Staff member
That is the old video. Let me find the new one that I made with crimpers, which is easier IMO.

Geena

Staff member
If you are going to get into shortening servo wires, do your self a huge favor. Do not skimp on the quality of the crimper. The cheap ones usually don`t crimp evenly, and sometimes they will even deform the pins. My preference is Hansen crimpers. A little pricey, but well worth the money.

Tony

Staff member
I completely agree with Geena. The crimpers that I use in that second video are good and have properly formed teeth on them, but every once in a while, they will make a weird crimp. Mostly my fault when I don't get my terminal in there correctly, but there have been times when it has done some weird things to the connector when it crimped it. Definitely a "you get what you pay for" item, that's for sure.

Rob Lancaster

That was a great video Tony.
I always wanted to know what the pros did. I was using a needle nose plyer with fair results. I think I'll get that tool. Geena, I had a look a the Hansen crimper. Nice indeed! I'd go for it for the price. My brother bought a crimper for various sizes of coaxial cable used for patch and transmission lines.. He spent a little over two hundred bucks for that babee...

Tony

Staff member
Yea, as much as we use these, it would definitely be a lifetime investment tool. They will never wear out with what we do. Now if we were crimping all day, every day, well then that would be a different story. But then you would just replace the jaws.

Top Bottom