600 Setup Spektrum Dx9 To Support Main Needle Adjustment Servo On Aux3

I have a servo to my heli attached to aux3 and I'm using it to adjust my carb main needle. I went into "analog switch setup" and have the right lever set to aux3. The problem with these levers is that they are very imprecise and precision is important in needle adjustment. So, I thought of using the right trim switch instead, but can't figure out how to set that right trim to the aux3 channel. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I'm stumped and the manual is useless.

Well, I'm happy to report I have it working like I'd like. So now, my servo is attached to the Aux3 channel on the 8 channel receiver because it was the only unused port I had. In "system setup" go to the "channel assign" section, find aux3 and make sure it's set to AUX3:Aux3. Select "next" to go to the "Channel Input Config" and changed #8 to Aux3: RTrA (or whatever you want to use to control Aux3). For example you could use the value "RTrD" in which case the values would swing +/- 29% (because that the max swing you get with a digital trim switch). Then, in "Servo Setup" change the "TRAVEL" values to whatever you want for the Aux3 servo...in my case I chose 150/150 to get maximum movement. Note: in actuality, you wouldn't need to tweak the needle that much, say if you were using it for fine tuning for weather changes; but, I was starting from ground zero with my heli so I had the main needle open 1 1/2 turns. In actuality, it's going to be down somewhere about 1 turn for peak performance (O.S. 50 HELI ENGINE in a TSA 600N sitting at about 9-10lbs. weight).
There you have it. Problem solved!

Top Bottom