General Setup Help

Onespeed

Doing a (nitro) gov configuration for first time. The setup. Ikon2BT running a Futaba BlS272 for Throttle on a Synergy 556. While centered in Ikon software (no changes made + or -) mounted arms parallel to each other while 50% throttle shown in software and 1/2 throttle mark shown on carb tumbler.
Question 1: After setting endpoints (no binding at full and no throttle) 50% in software does not line up with 1/2 throttle mark on carb anymore. Ignore this or problem ? ( I have changed the trim on the low throttle side to allow the 50/50 match, but I can no longer throttle cut engine in software as the endpoint is right at the idle area)
Question 2 What is default (no trim) for that servo in gov screen if i have to go back and look at geometry again.
Question 3 When all above is correct Verify the following is correct pls Throttle curve NM 0 25 40 40 40.... ID1 60 60 60 60 60... ID2 85 85 85 85 85 Hld ....good idle.... My hub has 2 magnets. pole is set to 1. 1 magnet is showing up in software. Im using an align sensor with beast x plug that i cut off and attached normal servo plug. Had to flip polarity to see in software. If i spin it fast its not catching it .....If i go slow it catches it. Thanks for your time!

Tony

Staff member
I'm hoping @Geena can help with this. It has been so long since I did anything with nitro that I can remember what it was at. I do know, from your question 3, the percentage will depend on your setup and what head speed you want to be at. I really need to get my nitro back out...

Geena

Staff member
Try to get the mid point on the throttle to line up as close as you can at mid stick, but don`t sweat it if you can`t get it perfect. . Being a little off really won`t hurt anything, and as long as it`s close and you can still activate throttle cut... it`s ok. . None of mine line up perfectly, and they fly just fine.

Throttle curves are kind of a preference thing, so set them according to how you like the helicopter to fly. I do generally make my normal mode throttle curve linear on my nitros, and V curves on IU1 and 2.

As for the sensor, without seeing what`s going on, it`s hard to diagnose. But it sounds like you might need to get the sensor a little closer to the magnets so it can read them better.

Onespeed

Ok i was kinda leaning towards what you said.... just want to make sure. On the throttle curves im mostly trying to figure out what head speeds I should be running. Ikon govenor will set speed 1 at 25% flat speed 2 at 60% and speed 3 @ 65% the ikon will add powerlike a v curve at high pitch from what i understand. So should a 1900, 2000, 2100 be about right for a 550 bird. Im going to try and get the sensor closer gonna have to modify mount.

Main Ratio: 7.44-8.5 Tail Ratio: 4.37-4.5:1

Geena

Staff member
2100 is pretty slow head speed for a 550, in my opinion. 1900, 2000, and 2100 are good for a 700 nitro, but that little 556 needs a little more. A friend of mine here, has a 556 nitro, and we tached his at 2460 yesterday....and it sounded very happy at that head speed.

Onespeed

Would you trust this. To get it that close had to drop it down where the top edge of carbon is blocking top hole of the mount.

Attachments

• 20180706_153125.jpg
    20180706_153125.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5

Geena

Staff member
Yes, it should be fine. Just keep an eye on it for the first few flights, to make sure it stays tight.

Tony

Staff member
I would feel better if that outside washer was a little larger, like the inside one, but as Geena stated, it should be fine. Just make sure it has thread lock on the bolt and that it doesn't back out. Is it reading this time?

Onespeed

Yah if I spin the main gear I can generate a rpm in the software. I was considering doing the swap to a bigger washer only problem is they are thicker so less threads in aluminum.

Tony

Staff member
Ah yea, the classic trade off lol. I'm sure what you will have will hold as long as the vibrations don't back it out.

Top Bottom