500 Settings for the DFC Pro

trainrider06

ok I am getting close to the end of my 500 project, So I was wondering what sort of settings I should use for my DX6i?
I really at this time am just gonna be light flight with it, because the only servos I could find for my budget were the DS510M's I plan on going to the DS515M's after the first of the year, have a DS520 in the rear, and plan to go up on it also....Any sort of difference I should look out for with this bird verses my 450 FB version?
Rodney

Lee

You will just find this to be a hugely more stable bird than the 450. I remember flying my 500 for the first time.
Every time I move up in size, I can't believe how much more stable it is.
Just set up throttle, pitch curves and expo as you have your 450.

DavidDutch

yes, just setup the PC and TC

But watch out with the expo in the transmitter because this will already be set in the FBL unit if you gonna use the kbar. If you set it double you will get very sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww movements :wink:

Slobberdog

yes, just setup the PC and TC

But watch out with the expo in the transmitter because this will already be set in the FBL unit if you gonna use the kbar. If you set it double you will get very sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww movements :wink:

as said above the default expo is 15% in the Kbar software, so only add the same in the tx and see how it feels for yourself, I had 15 Kbar and 20 tx set in my 450 dfc and that was pretty good for me

Tony

Staff member
Positive expo. Never use negative as it will become very twitchy when you slightly move the sticks.

Jeffrcrc

I have test flow my trex 550 DFC dominator, pretty happy but new to electric helicopters. I am not looking forward to tuning the Gpro parameter menu.
It looks like it is going to be a lot of ups and downs with the power cable and computer at the field. I fly pretty good 3D tick tocks, piro flips funnels, hurricanes
How many hours of tunning await me ? I remember a pattern pilot saying trimming a plane is ongoing.

Slobberdog

Get yourself the Bluetooth dongle if your worried about connecting it up all the time and the phone app,

my understanding its pretty much the same as the Vbar software so the tuning should be pretty straight forward,

holtneil

Hi guys I run the 15 in the Kbar and zero on the transmitter on my 500 and only 5% expo on my 450 in the TX ,The 500 is so stable you may not need expo in the transmitter as well as the Kbar and that is the same setting in my Cobra 500 as my 500 pro dfc

Top Bottom