Setups Setting up a FS-TH9X with a FY-31AP

Skeeter44

Has anyone set up this receiver to use with the FY-31AP
I am new to this so it might be a dumb question but have to start somewhere.
I have both the transmitter and the FY-31AP with GPS.

murankar

Staff member
I have that radio but i do not have the gyro. I have seen some videos of setting up various quad controllers. If its like any of the stuff i ave seen you will do your channel assignments in the controller software.

If you need mixing beyond what an airplane would need you may not be able to do it. I have found that the mix options in the mix menu don't work.

I was attempting to mix my duel rate switches to one switch and i could not get them to work. I recon that you will only need a few radio features like duel rates and expo, throttle cut and throttle curves finally maybe a fail safe.

With the props off hook up everything and connect to your pc and see what options you have and start tinkering.

Sorry for not being much help but that should get you started.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Skeeter44

I believe it is the same radio but software is set up different.
I can change the software but to what that will work.

murankar

Staff member
Almost the same thing. I use er9x versus companion 9x that is moded for taranis.

The taranis has better quality and is a more robust radio. Latency mights be better on the taranis if you look at the module portion.

If i had a choice between the 2 i would take the taranis.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

WyDiablo

I have looked over the programing for planks on the taranis and it looks to me to be kinda hard to set up. But that's just me and I have not really tried to program planks on my radio I just went through some of the settings.

Top Bottom