500 Setting blade pitch for an Align Trex 500E any help?

DatHeliGuy

As i am really new to helis i need help with setting blade pitch on my Trex 500E so when i get it I can do it, hopefully,with out that many issues. My Trex 250 was already set up for me so now im stuck on this so, any help at all will be so greatly appreciated!:joyous: Thx!!:welcoming:

Lee

Most of the build videos on here will help you out on Blade pitch. Although some settings are specific to certain models, the basics are all the same.

Westy

LEGEND
WHAT HE SAID! :) remember to lock or level your flybar to get consistant readings.

here is a simple tool I constructed

you can also use a bubble line level that can clip on and use rubber bands to hold your bar level and true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Tony..... just watched the vid! .... good job .... only thing I noticed in there is you left the pitch range at +7 1/4 and -7 .... just sayin...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Tony..... just watched the vid! .... good job .... only thing I noticed in there is you left the pitch range at +7 1/4 and -7 .... just sayin...

Tony

Staff member
"just sayin" what? .25º is pretty much impossible to get out. And when you go to flybarless, you are lucky to get within 1/2º. I'm not sure what you mean by your above post.

Westy

LEGEND
well I would have thought +10 and minus 10 would have been the minimum depending on your flying style of course.

+7 you would nearly be at 3/4 to full throttle/collective to get the heli off the ground.

Are you saying 7º is enough? or is that just for beginners.

Tony

Staff member
7º is definately for the beginners that don't have good collective management. It's like setting DR on the cyclic. The less you have, the more precise you can be with your sticks. So while experienced fliers can use 12º+ of collective, that may just be a bit too twitchy for someone that is just getting into the hobby, or grabbing their first ccpm heli.

I do normally state that I suggest 9º of collective, but 7 will work and will soften the stick feel and keep them from over correcting.

I do plan on doing updated videos that are more clear, but without a helicopter, I can't do it lol. Need to get another one and start on them.

Westy

LEGEND
Ok cool....

I hear ya .... I want to get a goblin ... so hopefully within the next 12 months it will happen.

Top Bottom