450 Set Up Turnigy 3d-h-v2

Purchased a 450 HK assault on eBay it had some broken parts I fix the broken parts it . Im a sound mechanic with a good mechanical background. I have no hobby help and out of the three hobby shops around closest to me none of them in any one of them can set up a helicopter any better than me and I can't set one up. I love your videos on the 3-g X which I also have but I'll deal with that later. I am really new i have been putting it off. But right hear right Now is gonna be my first. I will give you some back ground. I repaired the main gear and auto rotation put a new swashplate Solder. xt60 plug on the ESC and then power it up with a battery in the motor ran backwards I switch to Leeds it runs correctly the swashplate levels out but when you use your ailerons or elevators than mixing is all crazy so I just wanted to start from the very beginning I push the button and I can't get it to go into setup mode I have a DX8 I made a new model name and bound it to the receiver to dsmx satellite and I don't know what kind of radio the previous owner had all the wires are connected I cannot read any writing on any of the servo so I don't know what their frequencies are what should I do first. I know it is a clone of the Beast X it's identical and there's a million videos out there I am to new I need to know exactly what to do with what I got I can't make any sense of the beastx manual

I also have a real T-rex Pro 450 version 2 that needs a new head and it has a 3gx already mounted it was already flown I want to leave that like it is I will have to go through it and reset it up cuz I don't know anything about it but that's later . Heli #2 the 450 assault. I just put it together . I put Aling maingear one way bearing auto rotation assembly and new swashplate already had a Turnigy gyro mounted and the servos already plugged in it . I powered it up and thought that would be that but the servos all work independently opposite of each other that is why I want to do the setup all over plus learn how

I'm not that smart but boy I wish I could brother besides that I don't have the USB adapters I didn't get any hardware with the helicopter I have sent for it but I haven't received it in the mail yet

Tony

Staff member
I just want to make sure I'm giving you the correct directions on setting it up. Nothing worse than trying different setups just to find out it has all been for the wrong gyro.

Can you get me a picture of the top of the gyro? Make sure it is in focus and large enough to read the label.

I really appreciate it but some things I just don't understand the 450 assault manual will say with the original gyro you know like 90° single Servo this gyro says 120 degrees three Servo I get confused when you find the manual if you can just help me understand some of the things that don't make sense to me I will be on my way like I said there's no one around here to talk helicopter so drag

Tony

Staff member
Have you by chance watched my AR7200BX videos? If not, watch the below video. It will tell you a LOT more than I can tell you here in text. Some things may not be exactly the same, but most things will be.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure, but I would assume you can not. They are completely different file types.

Admiral

Hi Guys, don't use the 3D-H V2 Manual it has errors in it, I used the AR7200 manual and had it working OK

If by holding the button down until the A light stops flashing to get it into program mode doesn't work there is no other way to program it.

Tony

Staff member
If this is in fact a direct clone of the Micro BeastX V1, then the USB adapter will not help you in setup. You have to do everything from the face of the gyro using your sticks on the Tx in each setup menu.

That is correct my mistake everything is done on the unit and in the transmitter no PC connection as soon as I get home from work I'm going to try to get it into setup mode again I sent yesterday if I was doing it correctly it wouldn't stop blinking . Maybe I should pull all the servo wires ESC all everything disconnect and start from the very beginning

Top Bottom