450 set up question

Sparse

ok so setting up my heli i got one blade at dead 0 at mid stick. the other 0.04, when i set the pitch on the dead 0 /master blade i get 9 degrees positive and negitive. and the other blade one is giving me 8.3 or so. whats going on why are they not the same ? any ideas.

murankar

Staff member
Your swash is not in the center of the main shaft while at mid stick.

Since you have more positive pitch than negative you will want to shorten your swash to servo links 1 turn each. Let us know if this worked.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
.04 is nit that significant. If you really want to get as close as possible then then make the linkage to the blade grip longer, for trailing edge ball link. If you have a leading edge ball link on the blade grip then shorten it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

0 vs 0.04 is a non-issue.

on the 8.3 blade is it 8.3 positive and negative?

Are you measuring both blades from the same location (out front, rotor inline with the tail, rotating the rotor around to measure each blade)? Given the specificity of your measurements I'm assuming a digital gauge. Make sure you are measuring from the same spot in the rotor disc for each blade. You can't measure one on the front and then move the gauge to the rear blade, the reference zero will change and give you screwy results.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
As stated, .04º is nothing. I would call that good. You wont' even notice any off tracking with that little difference.

Top Bottom