500 Servos for a 500

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I was wondering if Hitec HS-82MG servos will work for a 500 heli. I don't have a link but I know HeadsUpRC.com sells them. Thanks for helping!

Tony

Staff member
I don't think these are big enough for a 500, and they are sure not fast enough for a tail. They look to be the same case size as the 9g servos though... You need 26g servos, and these are stating 19g.

the Align DS510 is what I suggest on cyclic, and the DS520 on the tail with a good gyro. If you want the cheap way out, Turnigy TGY930 on the cyclic, and again the Align DS520 on the tail with a good gyro.

Tony

Staff member
Just about everyone sells them. I get all my Align parts from ReadyHeli.com. A Main Hobbies also has them, and may have a little better price on them. But, you pay for the quality. I think they are about $40 to $50 each. The Turnigy servos are a lot cheaper than that though, but are not near as fast.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Is the DS510 a digital servo? Is there an analog version? I won't be doing 3D so I dont need digital.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, trust me, get digital. They center a LOT better than analog, and only use a fraction more power. The rewards of a digital servo FAR outweigh the bad. Your helicopter will be rock solid with them.

Lee

The Turnigy MG 930's are really good for cyclic. you will not need any better than those unless you're a 3D master. but a good tail servo is a must. i have the Futaba one. Very fast.

Tony

Staff member
And the most expensive lol. But worth it. Watch your voltage though. And after flying the 500, those tgy930 servos are doing good on the cyclic. Its amazing what they will do when it's flying correctly lol.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
And the most expensive lol. But worth it. Watch your voltage though. And after flying the 500, those tgy930 servos are doing good on the cyclic. Its amazing what they will do when it's flying correctly lol.

So what servo will be the best overall and wont kill the wallet?

Top Bottom