Servos Servo Tester:)

Tony

Staff member
I never understood the point of a servo tester. I just used an old Rx. What is the point of these? And that is a serious question lol.

PaulRC

that is a very limited servo tester. I'd get this if i really needed one. This one can do a wider range of testing and it's able to find out the Pulse of the servo etc.

TSERVTEST.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

oh I forgot to mention with this servo tester you can use an esc and any lipo that you currently have.

TSERVTEST.jpg

Stambo

I have one also but I tend to agree with Tony, I realised after I got it that it does no more than a receiver could.
The only advantage to me is that it is quick to set up.
I fly quads so I generally only test ESCs.
It is handy for balancing props and motors as an assembly on a quad I guess, and for checking motor rotation.

Graham Lawrie

I agree that you can achieve the same with a RX, but I was really meaning the priceit was very cheap, and easy to set up. I have just tried it once and the pot on the dial has to me a more finer tuning, not that it needs to be that accurate for 90,ing servos. But it is quick to do them individually:)

xokia

I never understood the point of a servo tester. I just used an old Rx. What is the point of these? And that is a serious question lol.
No risk to damaging an expensive RX on a questionable servo. You could also have a bad RX port. Which a servo tester would allow you to test the servo without removing it or wiring up a new RX.

Top Bottom