Servo terminal crimpers

bigone5500

I got these crimpers from amazon. I tried my hand at making a crimp. Turned out very badly. I thought it was easier than this. Maybe I got the wrong set???

Terminals:
Amazon product
Crimpers:
Amazon product
When I try to make a crimp, the pin gets bent and stuck in the crimpers. Maybe I used too small ga. wire to test it out.

Admiral

Takes a bit of practice, I started out stuffing up every second one, now I only have the occasional fail.

Tony

Staff member
This video is OMG boring and VERY long winded!!! But, it shows, in great detail, how to use those pliers. I have a how to video on this, but your crimpers are a bit different.

ChopDrifter

I don't have those ratchets, I got the old school one. There's a certain technique in doing them. If you're still having issues with Tony's tutorial video, I'll see if I can post a pic of my crimper tool and a tutorial video that I seen on yt

Tony

Staff member
Those are still a good price Geena compared to commercial grade crimpers. Yours are a lot like mine except that my small terminal is in the rear, not the front.

Smoggie

It's funny because servo crimpers are a tool that in all the time I've been in the hobby I've never found the need for.
As a rule if a servo wire is too long I'll simply fold it back on itself and zip tie it away neatly somewhere so you cant notice. I do take some pride in making a nice neat electronics installation but even so I have never really found the tidying up of slightly over-long wires a big issue, there is always somewhere to tuck them away. I'd be reluctant to shorten leads mainly because I might want to re use the servos in another heli some time in the future and I might need the full lead length.

Tony

Staff member
If you want, I can make a video of using my crimpers. I just use them to shorten the servos on a T-Maxx. Mine are hobbyking though I think.

bigone5500

The video you posted earlier helped a lot on getting a good crimp. I just need to wait for my wire. I was using too small wire and got a bad crimp.

Tony

Staff member
Ah okay. It will take a couple dozen crimp tests before you get good at it. I ran through half my stash of connectors before I got good at it lmao.

Top Bottom