450 servo replacement

junior10

i trashed a servo on my 450 pro dfc. it needs to be replaced, not only is the gear bad but the servo motor is burned up as well. its a ds415m cyclic servo the new replacement servo is a ds430m. my question is since this servo is not the same do i have to replace all three?

Sparse

yes absolutely. it may suck but its the way it is. look on line and see if you can find one of the same that is on you heli now then you will not have to change all three. but it has to be the same as the other two.

Last edited:

Sparse

Looked at the site Derek if he uses that guy he will actually save money, one servo new is like 27 dollars and some change.

Derek

I hope you get it worked out, junior. The guy that I listed, above, ships real fast too. I'll order on one day and I've always gotten my parts from him in 2-3 days....it's never gone to that 4th day.

chrisrock

i trashed a servo on my 450 pro dfc. it needs to be replaced, not only is the gear bad but the servo motor is burned up as well. its a ds415m cyclic servo the new replacement servo is a ds430m. my question is since this servo is not the same do i have to replace all three?

Get a Kst 215mg servos or the turnigy 306G HV servos for the 450, the other alternative is the classic 65MG servos, the align servos tend to develop slop(gear play) over time, not worth it IMO

murankar

Staff member
I have only owned 1 Align servo and it was for my tail on a 450 Pro. Worked like a charm plastic gears and all.

I have been using the same set of Savox (I know, I know so don't tell me) servos now for almost three years with the same gears. I just recently lubed the gears with white lith grease. They have been in three crashes and the last two being the hardest. I am now planning on a rebuild this winter possibly on the cyclics and maybe my tail. Have I had issues, yes one and it was fixed after a few hours of just tinkering.

Hitec servos have a reputation for being a great servo along with Futaba and now MKS. We can all have an opinion on what the best servos are, get what you can afford. If your looking for a decent servo for not a lot money then look at the Aligns. If you want something in the middle of the road look at Savox, RJX or Specktrum and if you want top notch then HiTech, MKS, BK (rumored to be RJX rebrand) or Futaba.

Top Bottom